C H A P T E R 6

RAVEN

I gradually look up from the computer, my eyes darting across the restaurant, looking around for my first target. At least three of them were here, their eyes never leaving mine.

I push my glasses up on the bridge of my nose and continue typing into the computer. What I was doing was a warning for Alessandro. A little payback for Matteo breaking into our house.

A few minutes after, I stand up and leave, heading to the bus stop. A second later, I see three figures walking up to me. Their presence would seem intimidating to anyone else but to me, they all appeared to be a bunch of cowards.

"Hey, pretty lady, what you doing here all alone?" One of them asks, none other than 'Antonio Moretti'.

Antonio had been a part of Alessandro's 'business' as they called it. Antonio was a criminal for his daily torture; sex trafficking, gambling, prostitution, and many other illegal activities.

"I-i was just waiting for the bus." I give him a tight-lipped smile.

"What do you say to me and you getting out of here and having a little fun, eh?" He chuckles darkly. The two men behind letting out-loud laughs.

Disgusting

"N-no thanks, I have a boyfriend." I smile faintly, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

If I hadn't seen it, I would've missed it. Antonio giving a signal to the other two men. The two men grabbed a hold of my harm, dragging me to the alleyway a few feet away from the bus stop. I fought as if my life didn't matter.

I tried screaming but they covered my mouth with their hands. Repulsing. I don't know where their hands have been.

They all smirked. Antonio started unbuckling his belt, the two other men holding me down.

After all these years, they continued to torture and traumatize people. They ruined innocent children's minds and turned them into their little puppets.

"Don't worry, sweetheart. I'll make sure you feel good," he chuckles darkly.

Action.

I kicked him in the face, just as he was about to take my pants off, leaving the others astonished. Taking the gun out of my pant's waist, I shot Antonio in between his eyes.

The others start taking action. One of them comes running towards me with a knife, which I quickly dodge except for a cut above my eyebrow.

Both men on each side of me, knives at their sides, lunge forward attempting to stab me. I step back just in time to see them both stabbing themselves in the process.

Well, that was easy.

With a slight cut above my eyebrow, I nod in achievement of my masterpiece- well I was a part of it so I deserved some credits-.

After doing my missions, I would never really clean up after myself. It seemed like it was just a waste of time. Often police would get involved but never found out who it was.

Seating myself on my bike-that had been hidden away in the same alleyway- I rode off, wind now blowing through my hair.

No matter how smart someone was, I was always three steps in front of them while they were behind me trying to pick up their pace.

~~~

I walk through the front door to meet Amelia cooking something in the kitchen. It had already been two weeks since Amelia came to live here for some time. It was also two weeks already since I last saw the guy.

Amelia and I had been getting along really well but my instincts told me to not trust her. I now believed Jax about how she gave him a bad vibe. Jax was staying far away from her because she even tried to flirt with him. I indeed did not trust her.

A few times when I had gotten multiple calls for missions, I saw her leaving my door immediately when I opened the door. It happened a few more times until I set a camera in the hallway hidden away from her. I pretended to answer a call while I was watching the camera.

She was recording my calls all the time.

Yes, I was upset but then I used my brain to figure out what she was possibly doing with the recordings. I then found out she was sending the recordings to an unknown number. I tried tracking the number but it always led me to a dead end.

I greet her and head to my room, trying to loosen my nerves and take a little nap. Before I rest my head on my pillow, something catches my attention. A black speck hid In between one of the books on my table. I promptly get a piece of clothing covering it in the process.

I should've known she would do something like this.

I check the cameras in the hallway to see her outside my door on the phone with someone. She then enters my room and comes out after a while.

I lay in my bed trying to figure out why she did that. I had to be extremely careful and vigilant now.

A few hours later, I woke up from a glass shattering and lots of shouting. I follow the sounds, peeping my head around the corner to a shouting avianna yelling at Amelia to get out of the house.

"I knew you would do something like this!" Avianna scowls at a tearful Amelia. "But I didn't do it. I already told you this." Amelia cried.

"I don't care. I need you out because you betrayed me the most when I thought I could trust you the most." Avianna whimpered.

Amelia turned on her heel about to leave but stopped when she was turning the doorknob. "You're gonna regret this, big time. And Raven, i would watch my back if I were you." She smirked and left.

It was then that I saw Avianna on the ground crying her eyes out. I rushed to her, holding her gently. What I thought she was feeling was pain. I knew all about pain. It was all I could feel when I was with Alessandro.

After crying her eyes out, she looked up at me showing emotions of both sadness and regret. Eyes that held innocence ruined by someone wicked.

"You wanna talk about it?" She shook her head, showing signs of crying again. She quickly got sending me a small smile and headed to her room.

I knew she would be crying herself to sleep tonight. It's what she did whenever she was sad. I still didn't know what Amelia did. Whatever it was, it must've been really bad because I've never seen Avianna that upset before.

After preparing something for myself to eat, I went into the room that Amelia was staying in, and took the cameras down that I had secretly hidden inside. I didn't take the cameras from my room or the hallway down.

I still had to be careful. After Amelia's little threat, I had to be extra keen-eyed.

~~~
<3

~~~<3