C H A P T E R 7

RAVEN

The music echoes throughout the club. Bodies swarming together. Within being here for only thirty minutes, I had already lost avianna.

That girl is a wild child.

It was now official. It was now Avianna's twenty-first birthday.

Knowing that I wasn't leaving now, I headed to the bar to order a drink. For some reason, I had a feeling that I was being watched but I didn't care right now.

I just needed to wash all my problems away. I had only started getting even with Alessandro two weeks ago and it was already being a pain in the ass.

Yes, I was underage but I looked like a grown-up. I faked a lot of my IDs in high school. It was something normal for me. Not once was I caught.

Jax had decided to stay home and watch his 'comfort shows' as he calls them. He was what someone would call a 'hermit'. One time he agreed to come out with us and he ended going home with Amara, his girlfriend. They have been together for two years now.

Sitting down in front of the bar, I ordered a martini. As soon as I was about to grab my drink, strong hands grip it, leaving me dumbfounded. I turn and was met with a glare from one of the men that I had seen in the hospital.

"You shouldn't be drinking, you know." He said, taking a sip of my drink. I chuckled and tried to order a new drink but every time I ordered one, he would take it and drink it.

"Will you stop that?" I asked, beginning to get irritated.

"You know, you remind me of someone I used to know." He declared, dismissing the previous comments that I made.

"And who might that someone be?"

"My sister." His face turned into one of remembrance.

"You seem very sad about her. Did something happen to her?" I queried, looking around to see Avianna's face somewhere in the crowd.

"Our mother took off with her when she was just one year old. I haven't seen her since but when I saw you a few weeks ago, you reminded me of me."

We continue to talk for about an hour. I had then learned that his name was Dimitri and that his sister's name was also raven. I still haven't told him my name.

What a coincidence?

Another hour went by with us continuing to talk when avianna came up to me, already wasted. I said my farewells to Dimitri and left.

Before coming to the club, I was situated riding my bike but then I knew would still be tipsy, so we caught the bus.

A drunk avianna steadily walks across the pavement. I put my arm under her to hold her up from falling. The sound of footsteps caught my attention. I look around but see nothing.

We stop after five minutes because avianna was starting to get heavy. A black matted car stops next to us. The window rolls down and I see Dimitri inside of it, wearing a pair of sunglasses.

"Get in."

I look at him in shock. Did he just command me? Rude.

"No, thank you."

"Look, I don't want any trouble. I just wanna make sure you get home."

"Is that supposed to make me feel better?" I asked, my voice filled with hatred.

"I'm gonna go home and you're not gonna follow me." I saw Dimitri about to say something but I beat him to it.

"I said don't follow me," a scowl now present on my face.

"If you let me drive you home, I'll leave you alone after that." He pleads. I turn my head to scan his face for any lies but all I saw was the truth.

"Fine," I huff and help avianna get into the car. Buckling her seatbelt, she started mumbling incoherent words. I think she may have gone too far with the drinking. I was stable but still tipsy.

Without even knowing it, we arrived at the small house. I walked out and helped avianna out of the car.

"Thank you." A small smile was apparent on my face as I turned on my feet. But I hesitantly stopped walking.

Wait.

"Wait a second. How did you know where I live?" I glare at him. He lets out a nervous chuckle.

"Are you stalking me?".

He looks away from me, his hands still on the wheel. "Maybe,". I slightly scowl at his face.

"Wait right here. I'll be right back." With that done, I take avianna into the house, putting her head against the pillow and leaving some Tylenol for her.

I go back outside and enter the front seat of the car looking directly at the side of his face. "You've been stalking me, haven't you?".

"Look, you just remind me of my sister raven, and I just wanted to make sure it you were her. We've been looking for her ever since our father died. Plus, I don't even know your name." He chuckles at his last comment.

"My name's raven,"

He looked at me as if I just flipped a switch in his brain."You sure you aren't my sister?" He jokes, raising an eyebrow at me.

"Trust me I'm not," I chuckle slightly.

"So, are we cool?" He asks me. I would say no if I were a bad person but we already seemed to be getting along well.

"Yeah, we're cool,"

I start getting out of the car before he interjected me. "You wanna do something tomorrow?" I raise an eyebrow at him.

"Sure, but I have to meet someone important first." He looks at my face for a second, probably trying to figure out if I'm lying or not. Technically I wasn't lying because I did have a mission with someone powerful.

Ok, I'll see you tomorrow?" He seemed doubtful about what I just said. He seemed to be very observant. After exchanging our numbers, we said our farewells to each other and he left.

He was the first person to talk to me without getting scared.

I went into the house and took a shower. All freshened up, I lay on the bed, staring at the ceiling.

It was time I started opening up to other people. I needed to stop being closed off. No one ever really talked to me other than avianna and Jax. Anyone at my high school would see me as intimidating or fearful.

It always hurt to know that I could never be a friend with someone. They would constantly be around for favors and never really asked how I was doing.

The only friend I had were my thoughts and myself.

~~~

:)