Wendy

...

They have arrived at the Hustel residence, the tea party was being held at their backyard. Only high nobles were invited.

After being greeted by the Archduke's servants, they were led to the big backyard, that was decorated with tables that had sweets and tea cups on them, along with the garden's flowers making the scenery gorgeous.

"Welcome Marquess Alais, Lady Melanie." The Duchess had come to greet them.

"Greetings, Duchess Hustel." The Marquess said, bowing. Melanie also bowed, and stood silently.

'This is..the worst...' Melanie thought, feeling burdened by the high nobles.

"Normally, I'd ask to have a chat with you Daniel, but I want to talk to your daughter today." She smiled.

!!!

Melanie was confused, "Pardon? Me?" she asked.

"That is no problem, I'll go ahead and greet your husband." He chuckled before walking away.

"Now, shall we have a seat? My daughter is currently greeting her guests. I'll introduce you to her later." She said, as Melanie sit by an unoccupied table.

"How is Jin?" She asked.

'If you're curious about your son why don't you ask him yourself...' Melanie thought.

"I suppose he's doing alright, the last time I saw him he gave me cake." Melanie replied.

"That's great, I'm truly glad he's friends with a girl like you. Since, I can trust you." She smiled.

'Now, I feel bad for thinking she should ask Jin herself.' Melanie thought.

"It's an honor, Duchess Hustel." Melanie gave a warm expression.

"Dear, have you forgotten our conversation last time? You can call me aunty." She chuckled.

"How could I..?" Melanie replied.

"I insist." She said.

"Okay...aunty." Melanie said, making the Duchess smile.

As they continue to talk, Melanie spots something in the corner of her eye.

'Gracey...?' Melanie thought as she looked at that direction.

It seems that Gracey was able to attend the party, due to her father's latest achievements. Viscount Saures began to become popular with commoners and earns alot of gold through their stores across towns.

As stated in the novel, Gracey helped with a majority of it due to her experiences as a commoner. She was able to share ideas that greatly helped her father's business.

In this time, she would be complimented by Jin and Peter for her business skills. 

'As expected, she's talking to them rightnow.' Melanie thought.

"Is there a problem, my dear?" The duchess said.

Melanie immediately looks back, "No sorry, I saw a fly going into one of the food but it turns out I was seeing things." she nervously said.

'What am I saying?!?' Melanie was panicking.

"I see, but what do you think of what I said?" She asked.

'Ah that's right.' Melanie came back to her senses.

The duchess had finally opened up to Melanie about her concerns.. She said that her husband, the Archduke has not been a proper father to his children.