Chapter- 09

Braelyn's POV

" Ms. Taylor would explain to you the rest of the details." I straightened up and opened the presentations , highlighting the important points and explaining every detail. By the end of it, the clients looked satisfied. Ryan too had a proud look on his face. I smiled at him a little.

" Well , we are ready to sign the deal. We really liked the presentation. I must say that Ms. Taylor is a great assistant to you Mr. Lewis." I offered them a polite smile. I had spent days and nights working on this project and I was glad that my hard work was appreciated.

" I beg to differ. I am surprised that she could handle it, most probably one of her firsts." His words rang in the conference room. I felt everyone's eyes one me, the place appearing to be a lot smaller than it was seconds ago. My cheeks heated up with embarrassment, tears pooling in my eyes. I hung my head low, avoiding all the stares .

It must have been a fragment of my wild imagination that he cared when I felt dizzy. He was the same cold hearted man who was ready to throw insults at me and abash me at any possible situation.

As the meeting came to an end and I too started walking out to avoid talking to Evan, knowing that he would do anything to humiliate me.

" Ms. Taylor." He stopped me before I could leave. I turned back but didn't lift my eyes , not wanting him to see the moisture in my eyes.

" I have a lunch meeting at one. I want you to work on our last project and draft out a report before I am back ." I nodded before walking out. I harshly wiped the tears that left my eyes. Before I could walk into my cabin, a voice stopped me.

" Ms. Taylor." The man who stood before me was present in the conference. He was a fairly handsome guy with blonde hair. He looked at my face sympathetically, most probably owing to the incident back there and my fallen face.

" I'm sorry for what happened back in there." I shook my head at him.

" It's not your fault." I hugged the files closer to my chest , calming my breaths.

" But honestly , a beautiful woman like you didn't deserve such harsh words. You really are an excellent assistant." I forced a smile on my face. He was really being nice , just that I wasn't in the mood.

" Thank you for your kind words." He nodded his head.

" You're most welcome. Can I know your name ?" Before I could open my mouth , a familiar voice was heard.

" Mr. Walker, it was a pleasure doing business with you. Is there anything you need help with? My secretary will assist you." He spoke looking straight at him. I was anxious about his words not knowing where and when he was going to attack.

" Well thank you Mr. Lewis. We will meet again." He nodded at Mr. Walker. He fixed his gaze at me. After Mr. Walker was out of sight , he focussed his stare at me.

" Ms. Taylor, I am sure I just gave you work to complete." I gulped at his menacing glare. Nodding I spoke.

" I was just-" I was cut off.

"Let me make something very clear Ms. Taylor, I pay you to work for me , not to flirt with our clients. If you fail to behave professionally then you can gladly see yourself out of this building. " I never felt so embarrassed in my whole life. The whole office was there as the audience when he threw those insults at me.

I dug my nails in my palm and bit my lips to stop them from trembling but I couldn't bring myself to defend . It was useless to argue because this was not because I spoke to our client but because of what happened three years ago. If he wished he could destroy my whole existence in just minutes.