Cold Nights in Cold Inn's

"You're sleeping on the floor" I announced, claiming the bed quickly. The sheets, thank the Mother, were clean, but it did nothing to ease my mind. I could only imagine what kind of stains were regularly accumulated on this thing, that the inn keeper was forced to wash it.

"What? No. I don't want to sleep on the floor!" Paris outraged at me. He also obviously saw that the sheets were the only moderately clean thing in this room.

"Right. So you want to sleep with me, then?" I snarled at him. The pink that tinged his cheeks sent a ripple of satisfaction through me.

"I- I didn't-"

"Then sleep on the floor" I snapped, cutting off his stuttering.

He wrinkled his nose in disgust at the floor and whined, his voice rising an octave, "But the floor is dirty"

It was true. The floor was quite grimy. Considering the type of room it was, I didn't want to even think about what some of the faded stains were.

"So you're saying you want me to sleep on the floor? After you caused this mess, you also want me to roll around on the filthy floor?" I drilled him. It was cruel to mess with him like this, but I found it a bit funny the way he was getting flustered.

"No- Of course not- I- I'm saying nobody should have to sleep on the dirty floor!" He quickly added on, when I didn't reply to the original statement, "It's disgusting!"

I simply lifted my white eye brow at him, daring him to continue that thought. My hands rested on my hips as I stood at the foot of the bed defensively, protecting my territory incase he suddenly decided to lunge at it and claim the space for himself.

"Well, I hate to break it to you, Paris, but there is only one bed. You should have thought about disgusting, while blabbing to the inn keeper about us being fiances" I snarked at him, "If you're too good for the floor, go sleep in the tub"

"But theres only one blanket" He outraged. I turned my head to the side and looked back. He was right; there was only one blanket. The queen sized bed had two pillows and one throw blanket that was barely thick enough to cover the mattress. The purpose of this room was obviously not for sleeping, so I doubt the thread count of the grey duvet was at the top of their priority list. When I couldn't find even a sheet liner, I let out a disgusted huff.

For Nyx's sake. The Inn-keeper really out did herself with this set-up. I am so reporting this establishment to the authorities when I get back. Petty or not, the witch deserved it for the expensive, top-rate silencing charms that she plastered on to the door, but being too cheap for a sheet liner.

"You know what?! Not my issue" I threw one of the pillows at him, "You have enough body heat as it is, you Sun Mage!" I shouted at him.

I rolled my eyes at Paris' crestfallen expression, his immense guilt written all over it. Great. Now he would be constantly walking on eggshells around me, being despicable with his agreeableness.

"Yeah, you're right" He said, his voice flat and quiet.

"Yes, I know I am" I snapped as he sulked his way over the porcelain tub. It was also grimy from neglect, but was preferable to the floor. You roll over once on that hardwood while sleeping, and you'll wake up with every STD known to man kind. Hell, you'll even discover new ones. That floor was like an incubator-cess pool for them.

I snorted to myself, at the thought of a new STD being discovered off of Paris, his face plastered onto it's preventative vials throughout the markets. Yes, he would be a good model. And I don't doubt that his pretty smile would compliment the purple gohnariah vials quite well.