Loki Laufeyson x Reader - Elegance

Y/N's P.O.V.

I wasn't really a fan of parties.
I didn't have many friends and I had a strong dislike for crowded places, meaning I didn't get invited to many parties.
So when I found the invitation with my name on it, I was more than surprised.

"Did you know about this?" I asked my mother, holding up the white and gold parchment.
She looked up slightly, her eyes roaming over the invitation, before an excited grin spread across her face.
She called for my father as she stood up, taking the invitation and wrapping me in a tight hug.
"Our girl has been invited to one of Odin's parties!"

"What?" My father asked in disbelief, coming over and taking the invitation.
"This is... wonderful news! Do you know what a privilege it is to be invited to one of these events?" As a noble family, we were invited to every party, but to get a personal invitation was supposed to be a big deal.

"I'm going to find a seamstress to make you a new dress at once-"

"Why? I'm not going." They both looked at me in disbelief.
"I have no interest in the Allfather's little get togethers."

"No, you are going." My father corrected.
"This... this slip of parchment is more than an invitation. It's an order. To ignore it would be a sign of both disrespect and disloyalty."

"You're going, Y/N." My mother nodded and I knew I didn't have a choice.

~

I took a breath, straightening out my gown, before stepping into the hall full of men and women.
I didn't want to be there, so I did something I was good at, keeping myself hidden away from large groups of people. I stuck to the edges of the party, a glass of wine in my hand as I watched the crowd.
My eyes met a beautiful pair of green ones and I looked at the man, quickly recognising him as Prince Loki. He was, admittedly, not a bad sight, but I looked away as soon as I saw his lips curling up into a mischievous smirk.

"Y/N, I'm so glad you could make it." My head snapped towards the person next to me and I instantly straightened up, placing my glass down on the table.

"My Queen, I'm sorry, you startled me." I bowed my head respectfully and she chuckled, placing her hand on my arm.
I had met Queen Frigga on several occasions. She and my mother were rather close. She was a kind and just woman, who, unlike her husband, actually seemed to care about her children.

"Don't apologise, dear. I'm actually quite proud of myself. It's not everyday you get to sneak up on the Goddess of Elegance and Stealth." She smiled and I laughed awkwardly, my cheeks burning with embarrassment.
"I'm glad you accepted my invitation."

"Your invitation?" I asked and she nodded.

"Yes, I wanted you here tonight. There's something I'd like to discuss with you." I looked at her in confusion, before there was a loud bang and the golden doors swung open.
People screamed and backed away as a Bilgesnipe, bigger than any I had ever seen before, moved into the room, on its back, a raider. A collection of raiders stood either side of the beast.
Guards rushed forward, but with a single shout, Odin stopped them.

"What is your business here? Why bring a beast into my home?" He asked loudly and the hall fell silent. Without even realising it, I had held my arm out in front of Frigga protectively.

"We want the throne, the gold, the power. We even want the queen." My jaw clenched at that as the lead raider looked over at the two of us, drawing the attention of everyone in the hall.
Prince Loki's eyes met mine again, except this time they were filled with worry and concern.
"We want everything that is yours, Odin Allfather."

"You cannot have it. Any of it." Odin spoke clearly and the raider laughed.

"Well then, I'm just going to have to feed your favourite son to my little pet, here." He patted the beast that let out a growl and an unconscious Thor was brought forward. There were gasps around the room and Odin rose from his throne. Frigga's hand touched my arm and I looked at her.

"Go to the Allfather." I muttered, before making a hand gesture and with a shimmer of blue, a dagger appeared in my hand. I gave it to her as she slowly moved towards her husband.

"If you will not give us what we want, then we will take it." More raiders came through the door and I pushed through the crowd of people rushing to get away, going towards the fight.
The guards were losing the fight, and I didn't hesitate to jump in, using my magic to summon my sword.
I cut through the raiders with ease, it was like a complicated dance as my smooth movements left me unharmed as the enemy dropped to the floor.

"This isn't how I planned to say hello." Someone pressed their back against mine and I glanced back to see Loki.

"Yeah, me too." I muttered, killing another raider.
"But, hello."

"Hi." I smirked a little.
"That Bilgesnipe is going to be a problem." Loki sighed and I nodded my head.
"If you can deal with its rider, I may be able to disorientate it enough for you to deal a fatal blow." He spoke as I dodged an attack from one of the raiders, but before I could kill him, Loki beat me to it. He smirked a little and I rolled my eyes.

"Just... distract the creature, will you?" I sighed and we parted ways. Whereas Loki moved directly in front of the horned beast, my attention was on the bastard controlling it.
Without thinking twice, I stepped up into one of the benches, before quickly moving onto the table, jumping up onto the Bilgesnipe's back. The raider recklessly had left his back unguarded and I waisted no time, killing him and knocking him off.
Feeling the weight on its back shift,  the Bilgesnipe moved quickly, trying to shake me off, but it quickly stopped when I put my sword through its spine.
The creature dropped and as I slipped off its back, Loki was there, holding out his hand for me.

"I have never seen anyone fight a battle with so much grace." Loki muttered as the guards cheered at the victorious battle. Odin and Frigga had proud smiles on their faces, but my concentration wasn't on them.

"I'm not the Goddess of Elegance for nothing." I smirked.
"Y/N."

"Loki." He introduced, bringing my hand up to his lips and pressing a cold kiss to my knuckles.

"Oh, I'm well aware of who you are, my prince." I could hear the flirtatious tone in my voice and it shocked me a little. Did he really have that much of an effect on me that I was willing to openly flirt with him, just moments after I had violently killed one of the biggest creatures I had ever seen, along with a small army of raiders?

"Really?" He smirked, stepping a little closer.
"Care to dance with me?"

"In a room full of corpses?" I asked and he rolled his eyes. Still holding my hand, he silently lead me out of the room and I pretended not to notice the grin the Queen had on her face.

"Better?" Loki asked once we were stood in the moonlit gardens.

"Much." We danced for what felt like hours, finding nothing but comfort and peace in each other's company.
The night ended in a sweet kiss and a promise to meet again the next night. And the night after that. And every night for the foreseeable future.

How do we feel about this one, lads? I'm not sure if I like it or not