48| Don't touch me

ARABELLA'S POV

ARABELLA'S POV

"What?" I angrily asked on the phone.

"Hello 'princess', now that I know you're alone and away from your frantic looking family, let's talk about some serious business!!" The caller responded, but his voice was distorted and sounded computerised.

"Who's this and how do you know that I'm alone and not with my family right now?" I asked shocked, while staring at Kyson who mouthed me to put the call on speaker which I quickly did.

"That's not important, but what is important is the fact that your grandfather is in the hospital bed, on the verge of death. Isn't that right?" The caller said.

This instantly made my eyes widened in shock, as I looked at Kyson whose now cold ones that were glaring at the phone in my hand.

He motioned me to reply but didn't say anything himself.

"How do you know that? Who are you?" I asked, trying to sound calm and collected.

"I'm the person who has your grandfather's life grasped in my hand. Now do you want to save your grandfather's life or not?" The caller sounded as if he was taunting me.

But I was desperate.

"How– what?—YES!!." I responded right away.

Kyson's glare at the phone had now intensified, and he looked like he was ready to beat the person who was behind all this.

"I'm sure your family is still on the lookout for an antidote as of now, which I can give you, but I'd like something in return." The voice said.

This is not going to end well–

"What is it that you want? We'll give you any amount of money you would like, we just need the antidote as soon as possible." I exclaimed in panic, not thinking at all because I wanted the antidote at any cost.

"I don't need the money 'dear princess', what I want is far more valuable than money." The voice answered mockingly.

"What exactly is it that you want?" I asked, getting frustrated.

"You 'Princess'!! I want you in exchange for the antidote." The voice replied, leaving me shocked and a look of anger contorted on Kyson's face.

Before he could say anything, I gestured to him to be quiet.

"All right, but I need the antidote first." I reasoned, my grandpa's life is far more valuable than mine.

Kyson was about to object when I quickly placed my hand on his mouth and mouthed him to 'trust me' as he glared back but complied with my request.

"Good, that's exactly what I was hoping your answer would be. But what you don't realise is that I'm the only one who holds any leverage here. Even so, I give you my word, the moment you come to me— I'll have my men send the antidote to the lab where your brothers have been working their tails off, they can test it to be sure before using it on your grandfather to save his pathetic life." The voice answered.