Chapter Sixteen

N I K O L A I

"She also left me," I whispered while taking a sip of my whiskey. "Why me? Why me of all the people?"

Cam patted my shoulder as he took away the whiskey from my hand and I stare at my empty hand. Empty. Yes, that's what I'm feeling right now.

"Don't worry Kol. We'll bring her back," Gino said.

I turn towards him with bloodshot eyes while he gave me an assuring smile.

It's been a week since Belle left and I couldn't sleep in that empty bed without her in my arms. Mom and Elena has been asking for her whereas dad made a habit of giving me that sympathy looks. He's doing this on purpose, he fucking knows I hate sympathies.

I have been stalking her for the whole week like a creepy stalker and it fucking hurts me to see her happy with someone who isn't me. . . . and I'm going to fucking kill him after I get her back with me, the only place where she is suppose to be.

"Didn't you said you don't want her and you'll divorce her after six months? Now what happen to you when she left making your work easier?" Dan asked speaking for the first time since we arrived here.

"I. . . I . . . ," I sighed and ran my hands throught my messy hair. "I don't know,"

"The only thing I know is, I want her back," I whispered.

"Aww. . . someone is in love," Gino teased as he wiggled his eyebrows while Cam and Dan smirked at me.

"Love is a strong word, Gino" I leaned back as I closed my eyes and her face flashed in my mind.

"I never felt this way with Arabelle like I'm feeling with her,"

Cam scoffed. "Because you miss took that bitch of someone else and manipulated your brain into thinking you love her,"

It was true.

Three years ago, when I was in California to visit Elena and Liam, Antonio send his men to kill me. All my men died but luckily I escaped with an injured leg and that's when I met her.

It was dark and I couldn't see her face as she covered her face with a cloth, expect her bracelet that was shining in the dark because of the moonlight that shone on it. Arabelle. Her name was written there.

She took care of my wounds and left without looking back. I tried to search for her but I couldn't because there were no cameras there.

After one year of searching I nearly gave up when I met Arabelle. She was wearing the same bracelet as the girl from that night and I immediately asked her about it and she shamelessly lied straight to my face saying that it was her and I foolishly believed it.

"If it wasn't her then how does she have the same bracelet like that girl?" Dan asked to no one in particular as he took a sip of his champagne.

Gino scoffed at him. "You stupid, she isn't the only Arabelle living in this planet and that bracelet isn't the only copy they made,"

"Exactly," Cam added.

"Forget about that girl, I just want Belle back and you," I pointed my index finger at all of them. "You all will help me,"

"He's drunk, let's run away," Gino whispered at Dan who nodded.

"I dare you to," I glared at him before smirking. "You remember her friend Louisa? I'll tell her it was your fault. I heard she was the best boxer from their academy,"

His smile dropped and Cam and Dan burst into laughter.

"Seriously? You. Giorgino Ferrari. The only heir to the italian mafia scared of a twenty three year old girl? This is fucking embarrassing," Dan laughed his ass off and I shook my head at him with a lazy smirk.

"You don't know her, Dan." Gino said as he zoomed out with a silly smile on his face.

"Stop smiling like an idiot, Gino," I said as I stood up taking the support of the wall.

"I wasn't," Gino frowned. "And where are you going?"

I turn towards him and gave him an obvious look. "To get back my wife,"

We stood outside the house battling whether to go in or not and we finally gave in. I knocked on the door and waited patiently for her to open it but to my bad luck instead of her someone else opened it.

No. It wasn't my bad luck. It was his bad luck

"Luke, who is it?" Belle shouted from behind before coming to the front standing beside that guy and froze as soon as she saw me.

"Nick?" She said in a low tone. "What are you doing here?"

Then she turn towards Gino and other who were smiling at her while Gino waved his hands up at her.

"What are you guys doing here?" She asked them as she narrowed-eyed them.

"To get my wife back," I replied while glaring at that guy who stood there uncomfortably.

"Luke-" Louisa called out but stopped as soon as she saw me and smirked. "So finally got the guts to come here after stalking her for the whole week? I thought you'll come earlier,"

"You knew I was stalking her?"

"He was stalking me?"

Belle and I asked at the same time and she nodded to both of us.

Belle was standing to close to that guy and I fucking didn’t like it so I simply grabbed her hand and pulled her into my arms as I hugged her while glaring at that guy.

"Relax Nikolai," Louisa said. "He's my boyfriend,"

I hugged her tighter as I nuzzled into her hair.

"You're drunk," Belle whispered before pulling away and I groaned.

"Ok Nick, you got your wife back so I'm going back to my wife now. Good night. " Cam said before introducing himself to Louisa and her boyfriend and left with Dan while Gino stood there with a blank face.

"You guys can stay here for the night," Louisa offered and I thanked her before pulling Belle in with me while Gino trailed behind us.

I thank my lucky stars because Louisa didn’t decided to beat me up and acted normal with me.

Gino slept in the guestroom while I slept with Belle in her room.

"Why are you here Nick?" she asked as soon as we came inside the room. I sighed and I dragged her to the bed before lying down with her and cuddling with her.

"I missed this," I whispered. "I missed you,"

"You haven't replied to my questions Nick?" she pulled away and I glared at her.

"I came here to take my wife back with me," I said before pulling her closer and inhaling her smell.

"I thought I made it clear to you last time,"

I looked at her with my eyes barely opened as she examined my face before taking my face into her hands and I melt into her touch.

"You. . . .you look different," she said as she ran her thumb on my cheek bone with a concern look and that was enough for me to know she cares about me.

"I know," I whispered as I pulled my face away from her hands and snuggled into her neck.

"Just please don't leave me," I mumbled.

She sighed. "Nick, it's better if I leave now, before the things get complicated."

I looked right into her eyes. "Let it get complicated because you're never leaving me. Not now. Never. Fuck divorce. Let's make it forever, I'm yours and your mine. Remember? Until death do us apart,"

                                   « ★ »