Chapter Eleven

Asher

Its been two weeks. Two weeks since I had that fight with Eve. Two weeks since I found out she's a Royal. Two weeks of her being in a coma. And honestly, I'm scared. She hasn't been getting any better. If anything, she's gotten worse. A few days ago, she had a seizure.

I was talking to her, then her heart stopped beating. I called for help and the doctor came in. He was about to start CPR, when her heart monitor went crazy. Her body started shaking. It scared me so much. It was like a scene out of some movie, where someone gets possessed or something. She was just shaking.

Other than that, she hasn't moved. She's still pale. I haven't seen her beautiful blue eyes in two weeks. And the last time I saw them, they were filled with hate. Hate that was pointed at me.

Everyday since I got here, I apologized to my mate. I begged her to wake up. I cried. Me, the Alpha of the Blue Moon Pack, cried. I just need her to wake up. I need her to tell me that she's alright. That I have a chance to fix this. That I have a chance to be a better mate.

Everyone comes in everyday. Jordyn and Ryan will visit her. Jordyn seems to like me, and Ryan is slowly warming up to me. Matthew always comes in after he wakes up and before he goes to bed. Unsurprisingly, Shawn visits. I leave the room whenever someone new comes in. I know that they need privacy. Even if its an unmated male, like Shawn. He knows that I rejected her. And he is technically her boyfriend. Its no surprise that he doesn't like me. But the feeling is mutual.

I woke up when I heard the door open. Matthew walked into the room. He and I have actually gotten along pretty well. I learned stuff about him, and he learned stuff about me. Matthew even told me some stories about Eve. And he told me to stop calling her Genevieve. Apparently she likes people calling her Eve. Her parents rarely called her Eve. But I tried to avoid the topic of parents while talking to Matthew.

He thinks that his parents are on a trip. I couldn't tell a six-year old kid that his parents got murdered. Whether he knows or not, is up to Genevieve. "Hi Ash," Matthew said as I picked him up off the floor.

I smiled at the nickname. "Hey, Kiddo," I said. "How'd you sleep?" I asked.

He glanced at his sister's skinny, pale body. "It happened again," he said sadly. Ever since Eve had a seizure, Matthew has been getting nightmares. Some would be at a funeral. Others would be of seeing her die. Its too much for a six-year old to experience.

I'm not even sure he understands his dreams. "It's gonna be okay. She's gonna get better," I said, trying to convince myself as well as Matthew.

He started playing with Eve's blanket. "Auntie Jordyn said that Uncle Isaac and Auntie Paige are visiting." Matthew changed the subject.

"Who's Uncle Isaac?" I asked.

He smiled. "Mommy's brother. Auntie Jordyn said that him and Auntie Paige are gonna be King and Queen while Mommy and Daddy are gone," Matthew explained.

"Really?" Matthew nodded. "When are they coming?" I inquired.

"Tonight. Auntie Jordyn said at dinner time," Matthew answered.

"Can you do me a favor then?" I asked. Matthew nodded his head, and his blonde hair bounced up and down. "Can you take a bath and clean your room?"

"But that's two things" he held up two fingers and waved them in my face. "You said a favor"

Smart ass. "Fine. Do me two favors then" I said showing him two fingers.

Matthew sighed and nodded. "You owe me big time" he mumbled. I chuckled as he walked out the room.