XLIII

Dᴏᴡɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴀʙʙɪᴛ ʜᴏʟᴇ

"You know..."M/n calls over his shoulder while gathering sweet flowers and mint.
"You didn't have to follow me into the field this early in the morning."

"The sun isn't up yet...Why are you even awake now?"

"Well Scaramouche, this is my daily routine no matter where I am! I enjoy the sunrise, and I found that sweet flowers and mint tea are best freshly picked!"Scaramouche rubs his eyes and kneels next to the king as he washes the herbs in the small pond nearby.
"Hmm, I feel like I'm forgetting something that I heard recently about the field..."

"I'm sure you'll remember when the sun comes up, but right now relax and take in the fresh air! Oh, would you like to try morning dew drops? They're extremely refreshing!"Scaramouche nods his head and spots a tree off to the side and suggested that M/n use that tree. Just as M/n steps off to walk around Scaramouche, the ground beneath his feet and that's when it clicks for Scaramouche.
"Sir Scaramouche, please be careful around the ponds in the field."

"Eh, why?"

"According to the locals of Liyue Harbor, strange pitfalls have been appearing near said ponds. Do be careful not to fall in them."
Scaramouche launches himself forward to save M/n, only for the ground to give way underneath his feet as well. M/n could hear an echo but felt no wind, the pitfall was deep and it could be fatal if Scaramouche tried to protect him, so in turn, M/n pulls Scaramouche into his person and prepared for impact.

Once at the bottom, Scaramouche groans while moving from the king.
"King M/n?"

"...."

"Hey! W-Wake up! Dear Archons please be alive!"Scaramouche panics and places his ear to the king's chest and waits for a second before hearing a heartbeat and feeling his chest move.
"You foolish king...You could have gotten yourself killed. Shit, why didn't I remember sooner?"He glances up, all he saw was the dark morning sky through a hole. Scaramouche took the opportunity to study the walks of the pitfall and as he did, it was clear that a human didn't do this.
"It's Jagged...And Judging from the direction, it went up and out?"The Fatui male sighs as he glances back at the king. He then removes his hat and places it underneath M/n's head to prop it up.
"No major injuries, just scrapes, and a few bruises. With that aside, this feels familiar but why...Wait the story of Azhdaha and how Rex lapis found him. Then could there be a dragon still under the ground of the field? But why would it suddenly wake now? Maybe I'm overthinking, the last dragon of Liyue was Rex lapis.."Scaramouche's mind was running more than he needed at such an early time of morning but he decided to take a seat near the still unconscious king. Though he knew the king was fine, he still worried. There was a small army of dangerous men surrounding him and if M/n wasn't okay, Scaramouche would probably die.

M/n stirs in his sleep and eventually wakes then glances over at the Fatui male.
"Thank Celestia that you're okay..."

"Are you mad! I would have survived that fall without much pain but you have highly dangerous men protecting you and let's not forget that two are Archons, one is the last Yaksha, and the last is an outlander who can manipulate the elements without a vision! I would surely die if you so much as stubbed your toe."M/n chuckles lightly as he sat up, in doing so, he winches.
"Quit the fall, yeah?"

"Indeed, I wish I could heal you to ease the pain."

"Not to worry, I can do that myself, however...
My main source of healing comes from the sun-"

"What are you, a damn tree?"M/n laughs at Scaramouche's bewildered expression then explains that the old mother of nature and Dendro Archon share the same method of healing and it was common to heal in such a way.
"Hmm, then you need sunlight but that tree is going to overshadow the hole when the sun starts to rise."As Scaramouche ponders over how to help, M/n glances around the pitfall and spots a mid-sized hole to his left. Peering into the hole M/n gasp from what was in it.
"Scaramouche!! It-It's a baby dragon!!!"

"A what!? No, that can't be possible, the last dragon of Liyue was Rex lapis-"

"Well, look for yourself! I know a dragon when I see one!"Scaramouche peeks in and pulls back with a dumbfounded expression on his face. M/n smirks pridefully as the little dragon comes out of the hole.

 M/n smirks pridefully as the little dragon comes out of the hole

"Oh my! Their eyes a beautiful. Hello little one, did you dig this pitfall?"The dragon tilts its head then glances up at the pitfall, then nods to confirm that it made the pitfall.
"I wonder how old they are.."

"We should probably worry about that-"

"Anyone down there??"Before Scaramouche finishes, a citizen of Liyue calls down. They had noticed the strange hole as they passed by and figured that someone needed help.
Once they're were helped out, the sun started to rise.
"Well, at least I didn't miss the sunrise!"

"Was that all you're worried about?!"M/n chuckles and much to his surprise, the little dragon followed them out.
"I'm sure Zhongli can help us with the baby dragon."

"That's if he doesn't talk it to death...."

"Pffft!"