𝙷𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚊

{𝙰𝚞𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚛'𝚜 𝙿.𝙾.𝚅}

"Just a really nasty stomach bug that's been going around. it's nothing to worry about, just keep her hydrated, and she should be better by the end of the week. I'll write up an excuse note for her school." Dr. Mike says to Joshua as he finishes tucking Anna into bed after she had asked for more blankets.

"Figured as much, thanks, man."

Mike smiles, "Of course, anything for my little niece." Joshua rolls his eyes.

Mike is a long-time family friend of the De la Cruz; he had recently been on a mission trip in Haiti with some of his friends to help teach about medicine.

He had returned a few nights ago and then had returned to work only to find out that Anna had been sick.

So he'd marched into Anthony's office, threatened to beat the shit out of him for not telling him sooner that his niece was back.

"Well, you can talk with your precious niece in the morning. I have to finish my rounds." And with that, Joshua leaves with Mike behind him.

That morning, when Anna's nurse -Ms. Lia- went to check on her. Anna's fever started reducing, which was one of the last signs of getting better.

She still had a nasty cough, but they gave her some cough syrup.

Tyler had gone to see Anna the next day after school, bringing Hanna with him because she forced him to take her along.

"HANNA!!" Anna shouted, her eyes lighting up seeing the pretty redhead.

"Anna!!" She said with just as much enthusiasm.

"Hanna looks, Alex brought me Mr. Squirt, so I don't get lonely at night." She says, bringing up her little toy turtle in front of her then hugging it tightly.

Hanna and Anna talk about everything and nothing. Tyler was surprised at how well she could keep up with the hyperactive child.

"Oh, anna! a little birdy had told me that you like apples, right?" She glances at Tyler. Anna nods, "Well..." Hanna digs through her bag, taking out a homemade apple turnover.

Anna gasped, and Tyler rolled his eyes. He had asked multiple times for her famous apple turnovers. But she only made them for his birthday, other than that she said that he didn't deserve them.

But, when his 5-year-old sister is in the hospital because of a tummy ache, can she get some?

Such mockery.

Was Tyler jealous?

Yes.

Would he admit it?

Nope.

Anna had taken a bit of the delicious treat; her eyes widened, and a huge smile overtook her face. She finished it in a matter of minutes.

Anna wanted to cry because of how good it was.

"You liked it?" Hanna giggled, grabbing a napkin and wiping her face. Hanna loved Anna; she was so attached to her because, in a way, Anna reminded her of her little sister.

Jade.

Jade was 7 when she sadly passed away dude to incurable sickness. Hanna was heartbroken; she was sure she couldn't move on from this. It has always been her and Jade through and through.

Hanna and Tyler had been best friends for years, and when he had found them at her lowest...

TW MENTIONED OF SUICIDE ATTEMPT
(𝙵𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚑𝙱𝚊𝚌𝚔)