Chapter 2: News Part 2

The door open and someone said, "Hello Princess Meiying" her eyes shot open and gasped her turned and saw that it was Aaron. Marinette smiled and asked "Aaron, what are you doing here?" She gave Aaron her bag as he escorted her out.

"You father sent me here he said he'll be announcing your return soon to the aristocrats and just incase anything goes wrong I was sent here. I know you will say that you have Nino here but Nino doesn't have the proper training to protect you." Marinette just nodded but then she stopped midway and turned to him, "If you're here then who's acting as my father's assistant." Aaron scratched the back of his head and said "Well her majesty has decided to act as assistant, we tried to look for a replacement but then her majesty started going on about how as his wife and the queen she should know about political affairs and whatnot." Marinette chuckled and sighed "I miss them"

Aaron gave Marinette a pat on the head and gave her a warm smile and said, "And they miss you too." Marinette stared at him not saying anything "Um princess is something wrong?" Marinette just continued to stare at him. ~Insert Chibi mode~

"Please be my big brother?"

Aaron then laughed "Aww does her highness see me as her older brother" Marinette then nodded. "Sure, why not?" and with that they left.

"Aunt Sabine I'm home and guess who's here." Sabine came out and saw Aaron. "Ah Aaron long time no see how are you?" Aaron gave her a respectable bow and greeted "Afternoon Lady Sabine."

"Haiish, I'm not part nobility anymore. My name hasn't been Yu in a long-long time." Aaron gave a polite smile and said, "Nonetheless to me you are still apart of the Yu family."

Aaron looked at Marinette then said, "If that is all shall I take my leave?" Marinette nodded and waved a goodbye to him. Sabine looked at Marinette and said, "I forgot to tell you some amazing news your parents called me and said that in a few months you can finally go back home." Marinette laughed, "I know I got the news already; my class got the trip to China and they'll be there for my coming-of-age ceremony. By the way where's Uncle Tom, I haven't seen him all day and I've been craving cake all they."

"He's in the back let's go so we can get you that cake." And with that they went inside.

(Skip to nighttime)

~Knock knock~

"Come in" Marinette called out. Nino came into her room, "Hey sorry am I late?" Marinette shook her hand and said, "Nope just on time I was just about to call them."

~Calling~

~Ringing~

"Hello? Mei, sweetie can you see and hear us?" Shuxin asked.

"Yes, mother I can hear you just fine, can you hear me?" Marinette asked. "Yes, we can hear you just fine. How are you your father and I miss you, isn't that right dear." Shuxin turned to her husband to see that he wasn't paying attention and slapped his shoulder.

"Huh, oh yes, yes, I'm sorry Mei, it's just these aristocrats are giving me headaches." Marinette nodded and said, "It's quite alright father, and yes I'm fine and Nino is here with me right now. Nino say hi to my parents." As she turned the camera towards him.

Nino bowed and greeted, "Blessing to the Sun and Moon of China."

Marinette turned the camera back to herself and said, "Mother Father why didn't you tell me you planned for my class to come to my coming-of-age ceremony." Xukun gave a 'I didn't do it' gesture and pointed to his wife and said "I take no part in that, that was all your mother." Shuxin gave him an annoyed look and said, "Oh I thought that you would like it, it would be like a farewell party as well." Nino upon hearing this raised and eyebrow. "Also, I will be sending you the guest list for you, ceremony soon and the list of candidates to you later."

Marinette was confused "Candidates? For what?" Shuxin blinked and simply said, "Why potential fiancé/future husbands of course."

Xukun and Marinette both looked at Shuxin like she'd grown two heads. "I'm sorry mother but I think I heard wrong, Father by any chance did you hear what I heard." Xukun only nodded. He grabbed both her shoulders and said,

"Shuxin dear, our Mei is only what seventeen/eighteen, why are you looking for a husband for her now." Shuxin shook his hands off and said, "Listen and listen well she may not date unless I push her too and DON'T say that she's too young cause I know that you'd rather have your daughter single than let any boy take her so I'm taking this matter into my own hands. And you Meiying during your stay in Paris not once have you dated a single guy and there's only two explanation it would be either they're not up to standards or you're not putting any effort."

Marinette looked at her father and gave him a looked asking him to say something.

"Sorry sweetie but I'm too scared of your mother too argue." Marinette just sighed and said "Alright I'll take a look but if I don't like any of them then I'll look of someone myself." Shuxin clapped her hands said "Thank you sweetie mommy loves you." Marinette just smiled and said "yeah yeah love you too, it must be late there, I let you guys sleep, good night"

"Good night dear, take care." Her parents answered. Marinette ended the call, she turned to Nino and asked "What am I gonna do?" as she leaned back on her chair.

"I don't know but one way of another you're still gonna get engaged so better pick a good one." he said as he flipped through a magazine.