Fifty Two

"there are no goodbyes for us

"there are no goodbyes for us. wherever you are you will always be in my heart."
–––

I promised myself I wouldn't step foot in her room, but I had to see it one more time before Isabelle and Wes get rid of her stuff or put it in the storage.

Today is prom. I'm not going.

Willow has to go because she is a part of the prom committee. Grayson is at home with Melody hanging out. He is moving into his new house soon, so I'll be helping him with that. Mathew and Ethan were thinking about going to prom, but I don't if they are there or not.

I don't know how they are doing with Alexis's death. Willow is falling apart, and I know that Grayson always goes over to her house with Melody to make sure she is okay. Mathew and Ethan are doing their own thing and, I am just keeping my distance from everyone.

Mostly staying at home.

A few nights again I beat up Robin and Grayson ended up pulling me away from him because he thought he wasn't breathing. Grayson brought me to his house so that I could stay over since I was drinking, and he knows my mom wouldn't want to see me like that. She knows I am hurting.

My mom knows how important Alexis is to me. She knows how much I love her.

I walk further inside her room and then sit on the bed that was made.

None of her stuff was packed. It looked like Wes and Isabelle haven't step foot in here in days.

Wes is at prom and Isabelle is working tonight. For the past few days at school, Willow told me how Wes was handling it. A lot of people went up to him and gave him their condolences, I guess.

That's one of the reasons why I don't want to go to school. I don't want to face everyone talking about Alexis and me for sure didn't want to see the flowers and cards at her locker. Willow told me people have been paying their respect to her locker and I can't help but laugh because Alexis didn't talk to anyone from that school. Only in our group.

I look around her room and see that all of her stuff is where she left it. I stand up and walk towards her desk. She had some papers with words she has written on it.

I pick on one of the papers and read the words on there.

"My boyfriend said I should start writing novels again. Or just writing in general. So, I am going to try because I trust him and his opinions. The only problem is that I have no clue what to write. Do I write about my family's death? How am I coping with their death? Do I write about the amazing new friends I made here in California? Do I write about how hard I would try to keep myself so put together? Or do I write about the boy who made me love life a lot more in such a short timespan? Decisions, decisions."

She had also put her name on the top of the paper along with the date.

I fold the paper and put it in my pocket. Doubt Isabelle would notice it gone.

I open one of her drawers and one piece of paper catches my eyes.

It's folded and has my name on the paper. I furrowed my eyebrows and take the paper out. I sit down on the floor by her bed and open the paper.

Kayden Black.

I have been having a hard time writing Kayden's essay for this project. The essay I turned into Mrs. Anderson was kind of a bullshit essay that I didn't really try on. There is more to Kayden Black that meets the eye so I wanted to write a new essay for him that only I can read and someday him.

People at school see him as the mysterious boy who is never in class or who races the tracks. People don't actually see Kayden Black for how I see him. During this whole project, I have learned so much about him.

I learned that his favorite color is black, I know that he is obsessed with cars and racing. He has a younger brother who is the cutest and sweetest boy you could ever meet. Kayden lost his father to cancer around the same time I lost my family. Kayden feels guilty every day for something that was never his fault. Once you start getting to know him you realized that he is not at all what people or himself portray him as.

He is sweet. He cares about his friend and family so much that he would drive the extra mile for them.

There is much more that I love about Kayden's personality, but I can't only name so much on a piece of paper.

I love you, Kayden Black.

Thank you for making me smile and laugh the way I use to. I don't know how I could ever repay you.

By the time I finish reading the paper tears stream down my face. One, two, three, etc.

I can't stop them from falling.

I bring my knees up and them hide my head facing the floor as I cried.

That night I begged her to come back, and I cried about everything that was hurting.

I want it all to stop hurting.