Chapter 38

Karson's POV:

"You motherfucker," I grunted into the phone that was pressed firmly against my ear. I gripped it tightly, my fingers curling against the metal as I roughly ran a hand through my black hair.

"That's no way to talk to your father," my father roared on the other end as I heard him slam his fist against a hard surface. It was probably his desk.

I grit my teeth as I paced around my room. It was the next day, after Jace called me about what happened with Jason and Dakota. I was beyond furious with my uncle and how he treated Dakota. She didn't deserve any of his shit. She didn't deserve any of the pain she's been put through. Just thinking about what she's been through makes my blood boil.

"I'm not going to sit here while you talk shit about your own daughter," I seethed through my gritted teeth.

"Whatever. I'm done talking with you. I'll see you next weekend," he grunted, ending the call before I could get any more words out. I fucking hate him.

I took a deep breath as I roughly threw my phone against my bed. I turned on my heel and  stalked towards my bedroom door. I had so much pent-up anger inside of me, and I needed to release it somehow.

I trudged down the stairs, skipping every step as my feet pounded against the floor beneath me. When I turned the corner, I almost ran into my best friend. His back was facing me as I narrowed my eyes at the back of his head.

"Move," I grunted, trying to walk around him.

"Karson!" Braxton smiled, immediately turning around as he puckered his lips. I scrunched my nose in disgust as I easily slipped past him. "That was homophobic."

I barked a laugh, not able to keep it from slipping out as I shook my head. I didn't glance back as I headed straight for our front door. I reached my hand out, grabbing the door knob, before I abruptly turned around to meet his pale green eyes. "Go touch some fucking grass while I'm gone."

"Once again, homophobic," he sarcastically snarled as he narrowed his eyes at me. "Just because I'm bisexual doesn't mean-"

I cut him off as I quickly opened the door and welcomed the wind that whipped past my face. I slightly chuckled to myself as I walked to my car.

Braxton came out as bisexual a few years ago. He was in the closet for most of his life, scared of what other people would think of him. I was the first person he ever told, and I reassured him that I loved him and supported him no matter what. I made sure he knew that if anyone ever made fun of him because of his sexuality, they would be dead.

He's only ever told Colton and I, but to this day, we still keep his secret. I wasn't going to go around telling people his sexuality because it wasn't my place. When he's ready to tell other people, then he'll tell them, and we'll be by his side every step of the way.

I lightly shook my head to clear my thoughts as easily slid into my Audi. I inhaled a sharp breath as I felt anger course through my veins, my thoughts focusing back on my father. That man ruined my life. I will forever hate him for what he put me through.

I gripped the steering wheel tightly as I gently rested my head against it. I felt my knuckles tense as my grip tightened around the wheel. I briefly released one of my hands and hit the wheel with the side of my fist. "Goddamnit!"

I grunted, jerking my head up as I quickly put my car in reverse and pulled out of the driveway. I didn't know where I was going, but all I knew was that I needed to go somewhere. I needed to escape my thoughts.

I subconsciously turned on the one street I knew too well. I drove down the familiar street, watching the bland houses disappear in a blur as I drove further down the road. I let one hand steer as my other hand rested against the gear shift.