17 - Likes

"It's almost over," I whispered in disbelief, tears starting to well in my eyes. "Two years of fucking torture and it's almost over."

Dean scooted forward on the bed, gathering me in his arms as he placed a kiss on the top of my hair and let me rant out my emotions.

"I can finally live without the thought of him haunting me. Oh God, I feel like I might throw up. Is that normal, Dean? Wait, you should move back in case I puke on you." I tried to scramble away but he held me tighter, his body shaking with silent laughter.

"I think you deserve to puke on someone right now, don't you?"

I wrinkled my nose in distaste, looking up at him. "Don't tell me this is some weird thing you're into, pretty boy. I might actually call the cops."

He only shook his head, a soft expression blooming over him as he took my face in his hands. "I'm so happy for you, Sophia."

"He'll...he'll be gone."

"He'll be gone." Dean repeated, reassuring me.

"Will you slap me so I know I'm not dreaming?"

"I think it's pinching..."

"What if I'm into slapping?"

"God, Soph." His smile widened. "You're so fucking bizzare sometimes."

I didn't respond, burying my face in his crewneck clad chest as I inhaled the scent of him. I think my favourite place in the entire world was right here, being held in Dean's arms. I truly could not fathom anything better, and as I snuggled further only one thought occurred to me.

I pulled back, raising a hand so I could stroke his cheek.

"Dean?" I called out, in a mere whisper.

"Yes, Sophia?"

"If you were in trouble, would you tell me?"

He looked surprised at my question, trying to hide it by tucking some hair behind my ear.

"Why would I be in trouble, Sweetheart?"

I only swallowed, trying to build up the courage to ask him what I wanted the most. My hands fell to the material of his crewneck, gripping it in between my fingers as I looked down for a few seconds before meeting back his gaze.

"You never did tell me where you went those first few days of school."

At that, Dean's body tensed, most likely not expecting me to remember that because it was only two months ago. He leaned down, pressing a soft kiss to my lips which I reciprocated eagerly, before moving back to hear his answer.

"It was nothing, Soph. I promise. I just had something to take care of."

I knew he was hiding something but didn't want to pry, accepting his response for now. Dean was quiet, he liked to be alone and he liked having his privacy. And as much as I respected that, I knew that if we ever wanted to take our relationship to another level we would have to be more honest with each other.

Communication, Alex had said, is crucial and I really fucking like Dean. I really wanted whatever we had between us to work. I really wanted him to be mine.

"Okay, " I sighed, cupping the back of his head and pulling him down for another kiss. He held me securely, tilting his head in order to deepen it and then pulled back, once again not letting it take us anywhere.

"Do you want to stay here for a little bit or go home and process?"

If the news may have been bad then sure, I would have wanted to go home but right now all I wanted to do was celebrate. I stood up, taking his hand and dragging us outside to sit with everyone else.