Side Mission: No.7 Arsene

"Speaking"

('Thinking')

~~~~~~~~3rdPersonPOV~~~~~~~~~

A lone panicking man is running through the narrow backstreets in the favela on the outskirts of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. He is constantly looking over his shoulder, his head twisting in every direction looking for the unnamed horror that pursued him.

All without stopping, the fear of being caught by that monster outweighed everything else. The burning in his lungs, the cramps in his legs, meant absolutely nothing to being captured and interrogated by those monsters again.

It was miracle he had even managed to escape, after all those who managed to escape from a member of parabellum are in the single digits world-wide. Even less that had escaped the most fearsome of them all, the S-ranked members. This man had become the second in history to escape from one. Although he had heard recently the only other one to escape had been caught and killed.

These thoughts fueled his desire to escape even more. He kept pushing himself, just another step farther, can't stop, keep going, go plus ultra. Anything that would put as much distance as possible between himself and those monsters.

All he has to do is make it to the gangs hideout, there he'd at least have a chance to fight back. There at the hideout is the only person who could stand up to these monsters. After all it was her they were looking for, it made sense to him for his boss to clean up the mess she caused.

He silently cursed himself for working with her. Sure the power the gang over the city had now was amazing, with the police and local heros not interrupting their operations so long as they didn't get to out of hand. 

It was easy to make money as  weapon smugglers, when the law stays away. Under her leadership operations expanded and they had gone international. The price of her help? To send a few weapon shipments to Mustafu, Japan. A super cheap deal for control of an international crime ring.

He wished that the gang had thought abit more before helping the she devil. Hitting the big leagues meant fighting with something far more merciless than other crime-lords or gangs. He like the others had brushed off this "Parabellum" as nothing more than wanna be hero's.

He now knew better, unlike hero's they have no qualms about doing what they need to get their job done. The fact that one of the most feared men in the country was running like a little bitch for his life. 

Three, just three people had managed to infiltrate his home. Filled with fifty armed guards, all killed without a sound or a chance to even fire a round in their defense. Fear once again gripped him, his spine felt a chill it was as if the cold boney hand of death himself had caressed his very soul.

 This only forced him to redouble his efforts as he sped up, soon arriving at the hideout where the rest of the gang was as well as being where they stored the firearms they smuggled and sold world-wide.

~~~~~~~ArsenePOV~~~~~~~~~

I watched as the rat we allowed to escape lead us right to their nest. Just as I expected he would, just a bit of light torture by my teammate Grimm, real name Neil Fisher, who was pretty active for a fifty year old man. Mixed with a small dose of my quirk Toxin, which allowed me to make toxins with many different kinds of effects.

Although my favorite being my fear toxin, as I found it to be the most useful. As was currently being displayed by the fleeing man. Just a little bit of exposure to it and you lose sight of everything else. No longer capable of rational thinking, just acting on instinct.

"I'm getting to old to be doing this kind of shit." came the grumbling voice of Grimm, who was off to my left

"Shut up Grimm you don't hear me complaining and I'm almost the same age as you." said Paramedic, my only other teammate. Real name Claudine Chevalier

"There is a big difference between 40 and 50 Paramedic, things wear you out more at my age, hell if I was your age, I'd be the one they asked to become the new S-rank. You know instead of the moody kid here."

"I'm not moody......" I said with a slight smirk as I knew he was joking. I wasn't exactly very good at expressing emotion around others. Still with these two I was able to show some emotion at least.

"Sure you aren't kid.... been meaning to ask, why did you finally accept the promotion to S-rank? You were so against it before." I paused to think about how to answer as the two look at me with a bit of worry. They are the closest thing I have to family, and without realizing it they often acted like worried parents despite me being a 25 year old man.

"............It is for Arclight, with what happened to him on I-island we can't all just sit back and depend on others to handle everything........ Look at him, despite his past he does so much for Parabellum and the world. And I felt like we took him for granted, so I decided to help him by taking some of the work load off his plate."

Before either could reply, our little rat made it home to its nest. I motioned to them and they instantly went into combat mode. They donned their gas masks and moved into position, Paramedic climbing up high searching for rooftop access while Grimm stacked up on the door with me. Using my quirk I made a solid blade with purely of my fear toxin and handing it to Grimm after making sure he was both wearing gloves and his mask.

My toxin is so potent that all it needs is contact with skin or to be inhaled to affect you. After confirming he was ready, I threw the door open and started releasing a huge amount of my toxin to create a smokescreen while Grimm used his speed quirk to slash everyone he could.

Soon enough everyone was dead, either by being slashed by Grimm or by heart attack due to overwhelming fear. 

"She's not here! Looks like she fled the country yesterday!" came the voice of Paramedic as she was examining a ledger full of weapon shipments.

"So tell me where did Lady Nagant take off to?" I asked annoyed that our target escaped

"Lets see...... seems the shipment was to......... Mustafu, Japan."

"Guess thats our next stop. Lets go." I said as we left the building