3

I wake up from the sunlight shining through the slit where the courtain isn't properly closed and a chilly breeze floods the room

I wake up from the sunlight shining through the slit where the courtain isn't properly closed and a chilly breeze floods the room. I groan lightly as I hear the loud traffic from the streets of New York torturing my throbbing head. What time is it? Letting my eyes adjust to the light in the room, I look around the unfamiliar room to find a clock when my eyes stop over the door. Six fucking in the morning.

I know that I am not going to be able to fall asleep again, so I look to my left and find Ashley silently sleeping next to me. And being the nice best friend I am, I shake her lightly attempting to wake her up. If I can't sleep, she can't either. She does that too when she wakes up before I do. I need a coffee. Another reason why I need her to wake up.

Yes, I've known Mason for my whole life and I always made myself home when we were at his apartment. But with the fact that we haven't seen each other in two years and that he is going to be my boss by monday, I think it would be inappropriate to act like nothing changed in these two years.

As I have the feeling that Ashley wont't wake up with shaking her I blow my morning breath into her ear and with that, she yanks her head up in surprise and knocks the side of her head onto my nose what causes me to let out a loud yelp and a row of curses leaves my lips. I hold onto my nose and look at down at her. "What the fuck Ashley, this shit hurts.." "Why would you blow into my air? That sounded like a firework taking off from my ear." She looks at me and I watch her face growing worried as she looks at me. "Are you okay?" "It doesn't hurt that bad anymore. I just need some coffee and some Aspirin." I assure her as she gets up quickly but falls back onto the bed right after that.

That's what you get when you have not enough iron in your system. Miss right over there is a vegetarian and refuses to take pills to help with that issue. But she Claims she doesn't need them so I just let it be. At the second attempt, she stands in her full height and I follow her movements and get up myself.

Walking out of the room, I try to orient myself in Mason's apartment. This place is way too big for one person and one dog. That's what I'm always thinking when I walk into it.

Ashley and I head to the kitchen and start to heat up the coffee machine as the front door opens and we both stand still, turning our heads onto the direction and relax as we see Mason. God, how can someone already look that good at six on a saturday morning. He's wearing a white shirt which shows off some of the tattoos on both of his arms and of course the deliciously sexy biceps, some black ripped jeans combined with black Vans, silver rings decorating the ring and index finger of his right hand, which holds the leash of Tiago, while the left one holds a paper bag from the bakery across the street. The scent of fresh bagles and crossiants reaches my nose. If I wasn't that hungover, I think I wouldn't be able to hold back a small moan at the delicious smell. Too bad I am hungover as fuck right now, and the only thing I can think of right now are painkillers and coffee. I also think a lottle much about how good this man can pull both of these styles of his. Suits and dress shirts during the week and casual, "normal" clothes on the weekends. Absolutely stunning in both of them.