Intell on Wanda

We are in Medical with Monica right now. She has just finished all of her physical tests. Darcy, Jimmy, and I walk in. "Mighty glad to have you back, Captain. How you feeling?" asks Jimmy. "Like myself," says Monica. "Well, thank heavens for that," says Jimmy. "Uh, what's the latest?" asks Monica. "There's a briefing in ten. Pants are encouraged," says Darcy trying to lighten the mood. "Thank you," says Monica. "This is Dr. Darcy Lewis. She's the one who discovered the broadcast," says Jimmy. "I'm..." starts Monica. "Monica. I know. Um, big fan." says Darcy shaking Monica's hand. "I take it you know who this is Monica," says Jimmy referring to me. "You're Hadley Maximoff, right?" says Monica. "Yep! That's me! A pleasure to meet you, Monica!" I say. "The pleasure is mine. I'm a big fan. I love your powers." says Monica and I smile. 

"We're gonna need to take these again. There's something wrong with the machine." says the nurse. "Those are blank," says Darcy looking at the nurse's iPad. "Like I said." says the nurse. "Well, what about her labs?" asks Darcy. "I need another blood draw." says the nurse. Monica chuckles and says "No, no, no. We're done here." Then she gets off the bed and goes to get dressed. "She does that. See you at the briefing," says Jimmy, and he and Darcy leave to go to the briefing and I decide to wait for Monica. Monica finishes changing quickly and I teleport us to the briefing.

"Morning. We are now assessing a clearer picture of this crisis. And thanks to Captain Rambeau, we now have first-hand intel from inside the Westview Anomaly. Our initial theory had Wanda Maximoff as one of the many victims. We now know she is the principal victimizer. Jimmy." says Hayward. 

"Quick history on our subject. Born in Sokovia in 1989 to Irina and Olek Maximoff, both killed during an air raid when Maximoff and her twin brother, Pietro were ten, their little sister Hadley was five at the time." as Jimmy talks pictures and news footage show up relating to the events he talks about. 

"The twins were subsequently radicalized, volunteering at Hydra," says Hayward. "That's not true," I mutter under my breath. "You got something to say Maximoff?" asks Hayward. "Yeah, I do. Wanda and Pietro weren't radicalized. We were living on the streets and Hydra offered us food, shelter, water, and superpowers. Wanda and Pietro accepted their offer and where they go I go, so I went with them." I say. "Thank you, Hadley," says Hayward. 

"After unspecified experimentation with the Mind Stone, Maximoff gained telekinetic and telepathic abilities," says Jimmy. Clips of Wanda fighting in Lagos are shown. I am in the background of a few of them. 

"I can specify it for you," I mutter under my breath. "Hadley, you clearly have something else to say," says Hayward. "How about I show you what happens when Hydra experiments on you?" I say. "Hadley, are you sure?" asks Monica. "Yeah, I'm sure," I say. 

Then I project the memory of my week at Hydra when I was five. I stopped the memory when I blacked out after getting my powers. The memory showed how Hydra treated my siblings and me, it showed us getting our brands as well as our powers. I cut out any extra conversations and fluff that they didn't need to see. Then I rolled up the sleeve of my suit which I changed back into earlier today. I showed them my brand. "The brand is permanent," I say. "Thank you for enlightening us Hadley," says Jimmy. 

"Back up, Jimmy. Does Maximoff have an alias?" asks Hayward. "No, she doesn't. Neither do I." I say. "No funny nickname?" asks Hayward. "Yes, she has funny nicknames around the compound. But not in public," I say. "And earliest tracking had her using her powers against the Avengers. Is that correct?" says Hayward. This makes my blood boil. 

"Yes, it's correct. I even fought her. Then Wanda and Pietro joined the Avengers and we fought against Ultron in the battle of Sokovia. During which Pietro died saving Clint's life. A few months later Nat and Steve adopted us and she became an Avenger through and through." I say. 

"Then she lost you on a mission and you got 11 new powers. Lagos and Germany, we all know how that turned out," says Hayward and he shows footage of the building in Lagos that I tried to protect while Wanda accidentally threw Rumlow who was on fire into it. "Thanks, Jimmy and Hadley," says Hayward. We both nod and step aside. I walk over to where Monica is standing and she whispers "Good job." and I smile. 

Then we both focus on Hayward. "Now that we have the lay of the land, let's talk about strategy. I wasn't fully paying attention but Hayward said something about terrorists. "Wanda's not a terrorist," says Monica. "By your own account, you described the experience of being under her mind-control as "excruciating, terrifying, a violation." Then he plays a clip of Monica as Geraldine on the show. "My point is, I don't believe she has a political agenda or any inclination toward destruction," says Monica. "Monica, she blasted you halfway across New Jersey," says Hayward. "And I survived because she chose to protect me," says Monica. "She's holding thousands of people hostage," says Hayward. "And it could have been thousands more if she hadn't put up her own quarantine. Listen, I don't believe this is a premeditated act of aggression," says Monica. 

"You don't. Bring up the visual. This morning I received authorization to share this highly sensitive material from SWORD headquarters. Until very recently, it was the top-secret location of the Vision's corpse." says Hayward, and footage plays of Wanda walking into the facility and using her powers to open doors then she shatters a window where Vision's corpse is showering the scientists in the broken glass. I look closely and I notice that Vision's body is dismantled and being taken apart. Then Wanda flies down and walks around. 

"When was this?" asks Monica. "Nine days ago. Maximoff stormed our facility, stole the Vision's body, and resurrected him," says Hayward. "But that's a direct violation of Section 36 B of the Sokovia Accords," says Jimmy. "And the Vision's own living will," says Hayward. "He didn't want to be anybody's weapon," says Jimmy. "Maximoff, in her own grief, disregarded his wishes," says Hayward. 

"Wanda has been through more than you could possibly understand Hayward. She lost her parents, she lost her twin, she lost the love of her life, she had to kill the love of her life, she had to watch the love of her life be killed minutes after she killed him, she lost a normal life, she lost five years of her life, she lost me for three years, she lost Sokovia, she lost people's trust, she survived our apartment being bombed at 10-years old, she has lived on the streets, and lots more. When I snapped my fingers a few months ago and I had a dream-type thing. And in that dream, my original parents gave me a choice. Either I go back to the real world and keep living or I stay there with them and I die. I chose to live because I know that Wanda needs me. One I highly doubt she resurrected Vision and two the poor girl deserves to be happy for once in her life. Vision was the only one who made her happy after Pietro died. I was always there for her but Wanda never wanted me to deal with any of her problems. Vision was her escape from the real world just like Harry Potter is for me. So, I say so what if she resurrected him. So what if she broke laws to do so. Wanda is finally happy and that makes me happy." I say. 

Monica, Darcy, and Jimmy clap and I smile. "All right, that's it for now. Let's work on the problem, people. Dismissed." says Hayward.