20

the summer had finally set in

rows of blossoming flowers decorated the school garden, the sweet smell of lavender instantly hitting jeno's nose as he passed by it. his eyes closed for a brief moment, taking in the fresh, breezy scent as it somehow managed to calm his raging mind. the male always found it odd, though.

how- when nothing else seemed to work- the cool and celestial smell of lavender always found its way right into the darkest depths of his mind and made all his troubles disappear in an instant.

he was truly grateful something of that nature existed in the world.

even if it did only help for a few seconds.

jeno's lips tugged into a derpy smile, arm draped lazily around the waist of his newfound love interest. waves of caramel brushed against him as he pulled the girl closer, ears perking up as he heard her giggle softly at his subtle action.

all eyes were fixed on the pair, watching as jeno enjoyed the company of kim jisoo just two days after the news of him supposedly having a thing with huang renjun broke out.

the raven haired boy paid no attention to the prying eyes staring at them with utter shock and confusion, gently burrying his nose in the girl's neck.

"mmm..."

he trailed off, placing a delicate kiss onto the soft skin, letting himself linger for a moment before pulling away to stare deeply into her eyes.

jisoo looked back at him for a split second before averting her gaze, not being able to supress the burning red blossoming on her naturally pink cheeks.

"stop that."

she murmured, gently slapping his chest as she looked around. her smile slowly faded as she watched all the girls glare at her with pure hatred, muttering bitter insults such as bitch or slut whenever they thought she was out of ear-shot.

suddenly, she didn't feel so happy to finally be together with the boy she had liked since they were seven.

jeno seemed unaware of the sudden mood change, though- lazily throwing one leg after the other as he blissfuly walked with her by his side. jisoo felt tears sting at the back of her eyes as more and more spiteful comments were thrown her way, hands coming down to anxiously tug at the ends of her dress.

is my dress too revealing?

she couldn't help but wonder as her eyes skimmed over all the judging looks she was recieving, feeling extremely self-conscious.

one particular set of dark eyes was glaring directly at her.

but she had missed it completely.

"oh jeno..."

the person muttered, carefully reaching out to slip on a pair of sunglasses as they felt bile rise up in their throat at the sight of him with that girl.