Chapter thirty eight

Ugh... I've been in the hospital for four days now and I'm so ready to get out. I've gotten strong enough to hold my babies by myself and to walk to the bathroom unattended. Even though when Raven visited me and saw me walking alone he had cow.

"I told them to stay with you!" He had said pissed off.

"Stop it! I told them to give me fifteen minutes alone. I wanted to take a shower and change. I'm healed enough to do that, and they needed time to freshen up and rest too." I say letting the frustration into my voice causing him to soften.

"I'm sorry it's just the thought of you getting hurt.." he hugs me tightly but gently so he doesn't hurt me.

"I'm fine babe, what's the real problem?" I ask knowing there's a different reason for his anxiety.
Sighing he let's me out of our embrace and takes my hand in his, he sits in the rocking chair pulling me in his lap. I glance at our babies who are fast asleep then refocus on Raven.

"Well?" I prod.

"Sabrina came back from her emergency gathering and that bastard Rohan is actively trying to break the seal. It's shortened our grace period by six months but we're still not sure if it will continue to shorten further or stay the same." I tense as I hear this, I still have at least three more elements to learn to control.

"She did have some good news or at least interesting," he says with a smile and I look at him expectantly. "She said that our pups will each have one of the abilities that you have and so will our future pups."

I think my eyebrows just got lost in my hairline. Then I remember, "babe the kids each have a birthmark you don't think?..." I ask and he nods. Holy shit!

"Oh wow..." I'm at a loss for words and Rave gives me a look like "yeah already mentally freaked out over that" and I can't help it I laugh, "we better invest in home insurance and fire extinguishers," I make Raven snort out a laugh.

"Thanks babe, I needed that," I feel him relaxing under me, only now that he's released all his pent up tension do I see just how stressed he is.

"I need to start my lightning training," I say with renewed determination.

"Scar can you please wait til a week after your discharge?" Raven asks on a sigh.

"Why?" I ask.

"Humor me please," resigned I agree.

"Fine I'll relax for a week after they let me out. Then I have to get to work, if our grace period has shortened I have to really focus on the task at hand, baby.. please don't give me that look.." I say to Raven whose looking like he wants to lock me away somewhere, this scared him.. it made the thought of losing us more real.

"I can't help it, it feels like we're running out of time. We haven't had enough time to just be us. I haven't even had time to give you this." Reaching in his pocket Raven pulls out a small box and I feel myself zero in on it. I look into his eyes then back to the box, "open it Scarlett," he smiles at me and I take it into my hands and open the lid. Inside is a beautiful engagement ring with a huge garnet instead of the typical diamond, its unique and elegant it also happens to be my favorite gemstone.

"Will you marry me? I know it's late considering we're mates, with kids, and you're officially my Luna and have been..." he keeps rambling and I kiss him to shut him up.
"Yes! Yes Raven I'll marry you!" I kiss him softly and he puts the ring on my finger. Hugging me we start laughing and kissing till we hear...

"For the love of God she just gave birth to four babies let the woman rest!"

Turning we see a very pregnant Jackie at the door with Leon whose trying very hard not to laugh.

Laughing I turn and hold out my hand showing them the ring, "he asked me to marry him!"

"Its about fucking time!" Jackie cheers and waddles up to us to see the ring.

"Its so beautiful you did good bro," she says with watery eyes.

"Thanx Jack," Raven smiles and shakes Leon's hand.

Jackie opens her mouth to say something but then her water breaks, "holy shit its time!"

Leon was frozen for a second then ran for a nurse.

"Ok Jackie just remember to breathe, focus on your breathing," I say and she nods. Leon comes running back with a wheel chair getting up off Raven's lap he gets up and helps Jackie into the chair, then they roll her to the delivery room.

"Soon I'm going to be a Tia and you're going to be cousins," I say to my still sleeping babies. Juniper yawns and Jackson stretches, Azure smiles in his sleep and Rosemary let's out a fart, "I hope you didn't just poop," I grumble but check her. "False alarm," I say cradling her in my arms a bit longer. Laying her back down Jackson opens his eyes and coos at me.

"Hi baby boy come here," lifting him up I sit in the rocking chair and talk to my son.

"Your Tia just went into labor and soon your cousin will be born, and daddy gave me a ring today see," I show my son and he looks at the ring then back to my face listening to what I'm saying to him. "But you want to know a secret... you and your brother and your sisters are the best gift daddy has ever given me." I whisper to him and he coos at me again.

"Your daddy and I love you all so much, we will protect you as best we can from what's to come, but one day we will have to teach you how to protect yourselves because even though we want to always be with you, there maybe times when we can't be.

Jackson looks at me with a worried little frown like he can tell there maybe a time when that happens soon. His lower lip trembles and I kiss his forehead, "don't cry my love, even if the worst should happen I will always be in your hearts. I don't plan on that happening for a very long time though." He starts talking to me in his baby talk and I listen to him, he talks till he yawns and falls asleep once more.