60 - the end

Penelope POV

Today's my 18th birthday and also the day I graduate from high school. Moms all officially adopted me a couple of months ago and life has honestly been pretty great. Well besides my tantrums I still throw.

"Mamacita!" I called for Mari. That's also something new I started doing. Mari was always like a second sister, but she's really become a mom to me even when I'm not little.

Mari came in the door with a smile on her face, "Yes baby?" She asked and I smiled back at her.

"Will you do my hair for me?" I asked her and she nodded as ma came in too to do my makeup. We all laughed and talked while they finished up when mom came into the room.

"Ma, mamacita, can I have a minute with mom?" I asked and they both nodded before leaving the room.

"Hi mom." I whispered before giving her a hug.

She squeezed me tightly before pulling away slightly. "Hello my baby. I am so proud of you." She told me with a tear slipping down her cheek.

"Why are you crying then mom?" I asked as I tried to wipe away the tear but she grabbed my hand and kissed my palm.

"You haven't told us what you're doing after high school. We all just assumed you were wanting to leave." Mom told me and I looked at her wide eyed.

"I'm staying and going to the community college, you can't get rid of me." I said with a giggle and mom's eyes widened.

"Baby what? Why didn't you tell us?" Mom asked and I shrugged. Mom pulled me in for another hug before calling the other women in to tell them the news which resulted in me being squished between the three of them. We stayed there awhile knowing good and well that we needed to be at the high school in like five minutes for graduation. 

But that was okay. I could hear all of our heart beats, alive and well. Together making Four Beating Hearts.

The End.

A/N: Short chapter to bring this book to a close. It's been a wild ride, but it's time for me to say goodbye to this story and these characters. Thank you for all of the love and support.