𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭: 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲

The doors slide open, and Din walks in blaster in hand. But he stops short when seeing Grogu; weak with a darksaber hoovering above his head. The Child makes grabby hands at his father. But one question remains in his head. Where is Kenna? He walks in slowly.

~~~

"Drop the blaster," Moff Gideon starts with a snap and snarl. "Slowly," Din complies and slowly lowers his blaster at his feet. "Now kick it over to me," He gently kicks the blaster over to the Moff. "Very nice," Gideon praises.

"Give me the kid," Din says impatiently.

"The kid is just fine where he is," Gideon says before he sways the darksaber inches from the Child's head. "Mesmerizing, isn't it? Used to belong to Bo-Katan," Din tears his gaze away from Grogu to look at Gideon at the mention of the name. "Yes. I know you've been travelling with Bo-Katan. A friendly piece of advice, assume that I know everything. Like the fact that your wrist launcher has fired its one and only salvo," Gideon says with a sly smirk.

"Where is this going?" Din asks with tiredness.

"This is where it's going," Gideon barks. "I'm guessing that Bo-Katan and her boarding party have arrived at the bridge, seeking me or, more accurately, this," He sways the darksaber again. "But I'm not there," He chuckles. "And I imagine that they've killed everyone on the bridge, being the murderous savages that they are. And now, they're beginning to panic. You see, she wants this," Again he swings the darksaber above the Child's head. "Do you know why? Because it brings power. Whoever wields this sword... has the right to lay claim to the Mandalorian throne,"

"You keep it. I just want the kid," Din says with a sigh.

"Very well," He turns off the darksaber. "I've already got what I want from him. His blood. All I wanted was to study his blood. This Child is extremely gifted... and has been blessed with rare properties that have the potential to bring order back to the galaxy," He watches as Din stares at the Child. "I see your bond with him. Take him, but you will leave my ship immediately and we will go our separate ways,"

"One more question," Din asks before Gideon moves away. "Where is she?"

"Where is who?"

"Don't play coy with me," Din growls. "Where is Kenna?" Gideon shakes his head and laughs.

"She was more trouble than what she was worth," Din's heart drops. "She's dead," He says dully. "And this time...there's no one here to save her. There is no Jedi. She has already been disposed of," Din's breaths quicken. "She's no longer on this cruiser," Din feels a pang in his chest as he places a hand on the wall to keep himself steady. The Child coos at him as he keeps his tears at bay. "This time, she's gone for good," All of this and for what? For her to die? Again?! It seems as though death is her husband and not him.

"She can't be," Din begins. "She..."

"Has died once already? True...and so did her baby," The Moff says. "The baby she had when whoring herself to you," Din snaps his head up and faces Gideon.

"What. Did. You. Just. Say?" Din spits every word as he stands tall.

"Oh...right, I said she lost the baby she had when whoring herself to you...must I repeat?" Din feels his blood boil as he bites the inside of his cheek.

"She didn't whore herself. She loved me just as much as I loved her," Din growls, his fist clenching. Gideon senses he's getting closer to cracking Din so he continues.

~~~

Kenna wakes up with a start but instantly notices she is in a different room. She sees Grogu is no longer in her lap and Moff Gideon is nowhere. She sighs shakily before standing up and walking towards the doors. With cuffed hands, she trails the outline of the door with her fingers. She knocked on the door but only received a loud bang on the other side.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝕰𝖓𝖊𝖒𝖞 𝕺𝖋 𝕸𝖞 𝕰𝖓𝖊𝖒𝖞· [𝐷𝑖𝑛 𝐷𝑗𝑎𝑟𝑖𝑛 & 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝐽𝑒𝑑𝑖] 🎉