distance (requested)

The sound of the FaceTime request coming from your phone caught your attention. You put down your book.

You froze and smiled for a second, feeling a tug at your heart as you used one of the photo strips of you and Sana that you took together in a photo booth in town before she left for tour a couple of weeks ago as your bookmark.

You snapped out of your thoughts and tried to smile as best and as genuinely as you could when you realized it was Sana calling.

You quickly answered it and felt your heart melt when you saw her face. You know she has to be exhausted with how insanely busy she and the girls have been, but she's still as breathtaking as can be.

"Hey, pretty girl." You answered.

"Hi, baby." She giggled. "Sorry to call you so late. I know it's after midnight and you've been busy so you're probably tired but,"

"It's okay, Sana." You interrupted and assured her with a small smile. "I haven't been sleeping well since you left. It's hard to sleep without you beside me. I miss you. I mean, I know we don't technically live together just yet but we spend almost every night together nevertheless. It feels weird. I miss you holding me."

She let out a sad sigh before she nodded.

"I know how you feel, baby girl. I miss you too, so much it hurts."

You hung your head and tried to put on a brave face as she tried to make small talk about how your day has been and what you've been up to in your free time.

"Sana? Can I ask you something?"

"Of course, baby. Anything." She said and when you looked back at your phone screen, you could see the worried expression on her face.

"Do you think we'll make it through this?"

"Through what?" She questioned with her eyebrows furrowed.

"The long-distance. It's going to be several weeks before we get back to each other. It's only been a couple since you left and I miss you like crazy. It's the first time we've ever been apart this long. I've never done this whole long-distance thing and... I'm scared I might lose you somehow."

"Y/N, you are not going to lose me. No matter what happens, I'll always be yours. And I know long distance is hard, but I've never been more confident about a long-distance relationship than I feel right now with you. Because I love you and even though it hurts to be away from you for so long, it gives me something to look forward to. Because I know everything I do here will be so worth it when I finally get to be back with you."

You smiled through the tears welling up in your eyes.

"Distance is hard, but I know if anyone can make it through this, it's us."

"You're sure?"

"I'm so sure. More sure than I've ever been of anything in my entire life." She assured and sent you a smile. "Everything is going to be okay. We'll always make it through whatever we encounter because we face it all together. These few weeks will fly by."

"I don't know about that part, but I do know that you're right about everything else. I really love you, Sana."

"I love you so much more."

"Can you tell me about tonight's show?" You asked.

"Yes!" She grinned and began talking about how loud the crowd was and how good it felt to hear them sing back every word to them as they performed for the thousands of people in attendance.

You tried to stay focused because you genuinely care about these things. They're important to her and you're so proud that you love hearing all about the shows.

But your eyes were getting heavy and yawns continued to leave your lips.

"Tired, baby?"

You tried to shook your head no, but you couldn't. You were too sleepy.

"Why don't you lay down? Let me tuck you in through the phone."

Your heart skipped a beat at the thought and you laid down before pulling the blankets to your shoulders.

"Can you sing to me too?"

"Absolutely, my love." She smiled and fought back her own sleepiness so she could sing your favorite song to you and watch you fall asleep.

It warmed her heart so much as she watched you drift off to sleep on the side of the bed that she'd lay on when she'd stay the night with you. She noticed that you had her sweater on since the blanket slipped from your shoulders as you shifted to get a little cozier as you fell fast asleep.

She continued to sing to you until she knew you were sound asleep. She let out a shaky sigh and held back her tears. The sight melted her heart and made her miss you more.

"I love you so much." She whispered and ran her fingers through her hair. Her eyes were full of stars as she stared at you and took a few pictures of you before she knew she had to hang up because she was sleepy too.

"My sweet girl, I hope you have the sweetest dreams. I promise it won't be too long until I'm by your side again. I'm counting down the days. I love you more than words can say. I can't wait to talk to you tomorrow." She spoke softly and stared at you for a few more seconds. "Goodnight, baby."

She puckered her lips as if she was giving you a kiss before she ended the call and laid back in the hotel bed. She closed her eyes and started to fall asleep, hoping she'd be in your dreams tonight like you were bound to be in hers.