Chapter 13~Testing The Limits

Hello my lovelies I am back~ I do apologize for the 100th time. But like everyone else in the world I have crap that happens and makes me not write. And don't worry, the good stuff is coming up pretty soon ;3 Hope you enjoy and have a wonderful day/night my lovelies!

Evelyn's POV

Those words ran through my mind over and over. Telepathy. Telepathy. I have telepathy. My sapphire orbs stared into Charles' baby blue ones, begging for an explanation. The grim look upon his features gave me small reassurance that the explanation was a good one.

"The night Shaw attacked headquarters, he injected something into your arm." He explained.

I glance down at my pale arm and pull up the sleeve, revealing a small red scar above my forearm.

"We're still not quite sure what it is yet. It somehow enhanced your x-gene to create another mutation." Charles continued.

Body stilling, breath normalizing, I look up at him once more. Somehow, being here with him makes the fear raking throughly my body, fade. Gaining control of myself again, I asked him something I never thought I'd ever ask any human being.

"Will you help me?" I asked him, sincerely.

Charles' eyes widened at the question. I've never asked anyone in my life to help me before. In the camps, we learned that life was simply survival of the fittest. (Hence my love for Darwin's book.) Therefore, I never asked for help and just took care of it on my own. I sat in the hallway awaiting nervously for his answer. A small but warm smile grew upon his face.

"Of course I will. I'll help you with all of your mutations, Evelyn. But first-"
Charles suddenly stood, reaching out his hand for me to take. "You must change for breakfast." He insisted.

Slowly grasping his soft hand, I stood as well and we started towards my bedroom. Still feeling a warmth around my fingers, I hesitantly dropped his hand (that I didn't realize I still had in my grasp), and kept walking back to my room. Or least what I believe is my room. Charles somehow knows where it is. I can't believe how extensive this house is. Who's house is it anyway? I'm assuming Charles' since he did just offer me breakfast and show me to my room. I wouldn't think he'd offer sustenance if it wasn't his property. The moment before I opened to door to prepare, Charles stepped forward from around the corner.

"Raven has already laid out some of her clothing so you won't have to worry about getting your own. I believe they'll fit. I'll be waiting out here so you won't get lost." He reassured. I could sense a bit of hesitance in his eyes. It's understandable, I guess. For the past few days I've hated his guts. Well, I still kinda do but he is helping me so I guess I'll have to be "nice".

Quickly placing my hand around the cool metal of the door knob, I opened it and strolled into the grand room. Hearing a satisfying 'click' as it closed, I turned my head towards the dark wooden dresser on the right side of the room. A small array of clothing lie spread on top, allowing me to see all that Raven left. A navy hoodie lay atop along with a pair of gray sweatpants and black converse. Two neatly piled white socks and gloves sit beside the shoes. Wow, talk about an influence Charles.

Knowing Charles was still waiting for my return, I briskly changed into the different attire. The outfit felt comfortable and soft, yet a question still rang in my head. Why this? What were they planning to do today wearing sweats? Damn, I'm tired of not knowing anything!

"Evelyn, is everything alright?"

Oh right, the whole telepathy thing. Well, this might be interesting to learn. But at the same time a pain in the ass since Charles is the only other telepath. Who can hear practically everything I'm thinking. Damn telepath.