Chapter 21

"..."

What is he saying? Even Hans couldn't say anything because of the absurdity.

I don't know if he has a high emotional intelligence or a low one.

"I see…"

Look at that half assed answer from Hans. I can even imagine his face.

God, this is so awkward. The silence is so heavy for me! Can't they just go out or something? Pretending to be asleep is also hard!

“You. You’ve been acting strange... what’s with your treatment to her?”

Why is Evan making it sound like we have a romantic relationship? God, no. First of all, I'm not fond of people who are more than 10 years older than me.

Besides, I must have been crazy if I started a romantic relationship in a prison. All of the romance novels that I read in my past life must have gone to waste if it’s like that.

“Don’t make it sound weird. We just became close since we’re together most of the ti--”

“Alright, I’ll move you to another station now.”

“I refuse.”

Even without seeing their faces, I could already feel the chill in the air. I feel like I’m in the middle of this argument but I can’t do anything much anyway.

“You--!”

Evan was interrupted by a bang on the door.

“Both of you are so noisy, your voices could be heard by people downstairs!”

Wow. The woman talking really screamed power.  Both of them shut their mouths up!

“Get out.”

By the sounds of it, it looks like everyone left the room. I can finally open my eyes and look at where I am.

“Stop pretending to be unconscious. Your eye has been twitching since earlier.” I quickly opened my eyes because of her authoritative voice.

The woman had brown hair and green eyes. From the looks of it, she’s Evan’s mother. Her authoritative tone was almost the same with Evan’s.

I stood up from the bed, ignoring the pain in my chest area.

“Creas Wagner greets the Marchioness.” I bowed and groaned inwardly because of the pain. I should have pretended to be asleep, now I feel like I’m obliged to talk and greet.

She sat on a chair and looked at me.

"You shouldn't have stood up. I bet you're in so much pain." She laughed and I didn't know if it was sarcastic or not.

Would it be right to assume that since Evan is a villain his parents would be more villainish?

She motioned me to lay down and I did. Why would I reject an offer that would help me?

"I actually feel a little embarrassed for making you see those kind of scenes when you're a visitor here. We have quite a lot of enemies, you see."

She bashfully smiled at me and it gave me creeps.

"I… I see."

I wanted to say that I am not even a visitor since I'm actually a prisoner. It's too late to feel embarrassed since your son already assacred a person right in front of my eyes.

"But… it seems that my son is quite fond of you." The tone of her voice made me think of the kdrama that I watched, it was a scene wherein the mother wanted to match her son to another girl.

God. I know where this conversation will go. Please, no.

I'm calling all the Gods that are existing in this world and on the other worlds, please. I'll give offerings on who will answer my prayer.

"It seems like I'll have to send an engagement letter to your family along with the letter about you recuperating here."

Damn it. I won't believe on Gods anymore. No offerings for you all.

"You need to send a letter about me being imprisoned here too."

...is what I want to say.

"Ah. Haha. Uh. I think we need his opinion too?"

"He'll agree without batting an eye." She laughed like a maniac and brought out her fan.

"Well, I should let the patient rest. I'll send the letter later. I hope you get well soon."

She hurriedly went out. Wait a minute. How about my opinion? You haven't asked if I would be fine with the engagement though?!

Damn it. This family is just doing whatever they want to do!