Secrets with JARVIS

Author's Note: I'm hoping to alternate between updating this story and "Perfect Partners", every other day. Please give that one a read as well, and let me know what you think! Continue to comment your thoughts on your favorite parts of both. I love reading your opinions :) x

Alex leaves in the other direction, and you turn around to Loki now standing right behind you, visibly angry.

"Loki..." you can see the anger mixed with hurt in his eyes.

Loki takes your arm and in seconds you've been teleported back to the balcony of the compound, "Care to explain what the hell that was?!"

"I can promise you that it's the farthest from whatever it is you're thinking right now," you take your arm from his.

"Really? Because we both know he would take you back at the first chance he gets," Loki seethes through his teeth.

"Ok, and good for him. I told you, and everyone for that matter, how he was to me. Friendship, let alone anything else, and him in any form will never be an option," your voice gets louder.

"You say that now," he turns making fists with his hands at his sides.

"Do you honestly think that I would EVER do that to you?" you pause, "To...us?" 

Loki just looks at you, completely speechless, and that's what hurts you.

"Fine. If you have that little trust in me...then maybe..." you begin stuttering.

When you look at Loki, he looks as if he is about to speak, but doesn't.

"Maybe there shouldn't be an us right now," your voice breaks and it's almost a whisper.

Loki's silence continues, your heart breaks along with your voice.

"Right," you walk off of the balcony, back inside to the top of the stairs leading to the lab. You pause, take a deep breath, and pull out the paper from Ebony from your pocket.

You don't hear Nat come from behind you, "Love note??" she says over your shoulder.

You immediately fold the paper back up, "Uh, no. New project idea," you try to sound convincing and calm. 

"Okkkkkay. What kind of project?" She folds her arms.

"It's a....." you know you cannot say anything to anyone, but Nat sees right through you.

"Cass? What are you not telling me?" Her eyes fill with concern.

"Nothing. All good," you take off down the lab stairs, having only two days before you have to meet Ebony.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You've been building what they requested according to the paper, and manage to go undetected by the rest of the team.

JARVIS comes on as you're working, "Ms. Stark, your father really should know of this...."

"JARVIS, we've been over this multiple times. No one can know," you sigh and continue working.

"Yes, but...." JARVIS tries again.

"JARVIS!" you slam your tool down on the lab table and take a breath, "Sorry, I just...can't take the chance."

A few hours later, you're just about ready to head out, "JARVIS, everything in order?"

"Yes, Ms. Stark. The shield energy is connected and just enough for you to withstand," JARVIS speaks as you walk around the lab.