ⅱ ‣ ₩eʟcɵme Ŧɵ M¥şŧıc Fɑ£ʪ

♥︎°~°♥︎

♥︎°~°♥︎

Elena packed her last item into her backpack, her body was tense and filled with nerves about the day. "Are you sure you want to do this?" Stefan asked. Elena huffed out a breath and collapsed next to her boyfriend.

"Which part: Digging through my birth mother's life work, or going to Duke with Damon?" Stefan immediately tensed at the thought of his girlfriend alone with his brother.

"Either....both." He grimaced.

"Well, I'm sure about the first part. But then again, Ric is a good buffer." She leaned over and grabbed her bag to zip it up, "So we can bond in our anti-Damon solidarity." Stefan cracked a smile before it slowly dropped, and worry took over again

"Are you mad at me?" Elena sent him a quizzical look, "for not telling you what really happened that night?"

The brown-haired girl shifted uncomfortably. "No... I'm just, confused. Why didn't you just tell me what really happened in the first place."

"I didn't want to overwhelm you." He admitted, "You had only just come to terms with vampires and had only just found out about the Katherine thing, I felt like if I told you a possible supernatural, glowing eyed, dog-like animal saved you..." he trailed off.

Yeah, I probably would have run for the hills." Elena joked. "I wish you were coming with me today though." She tried to lighten the mood.

"You know, you could not go today, wait till, uh, Caroline's mastered her bloodlust, and then I could go with you." Elena glanced at her boyfriend uncomfortably.

"It's okay that I'm going, right? Be honest, if it's not, I can stay here." She honestly didn't fancy spending the day with the man who had recently tried to kill her brother; and technically succeeded.

"No, I want you to go, I do. You have questions about your lineage and about Katherine. And even though I'd rather be the one going, I have to stay and help Caroline and Damon is set on finding out more about the Lockwood's and the thing I saw, so I might hate it but it needs to happen."

"If it helps, I hate it too." The pair smiled at each other before sharing a small kiss.

~

"It's been a while."

Downstairs Jenna was waiting at the door for her niece, to say goodbye. She wasn't exactly happy that Elena was going on a trip with the guy she saw kissing on their porch, not very long ago. She was just hoping her niece knew what she was doing and wasn't playing her boyfriend, because she actually liked the sandy-haired teen.

"Ha, well, school's been keeping me, you know, busy." Alaric lied smoothly. At least they're not going alone she thought.

"I want you to know, it means a lot to me that Elena has a connection to her mother. I appreciate you bringing her along today." She smiled lightly at him.