2.

😈 and we're back!

▲▲▲

"I'm nervous," Jersey muttered to Malcolm as she squeezed his hand. They walked side by side, with Arthur and Jarod behind them. Malcolm looked down and realized she was panicking. Her chest was trying to heave, and she kept looking around.

He shook her hand, trying to get her attention. "You're all right. Just breathe. I'm here with you."

That assurance seemed to calm her down. Jersey nodded her head slowly and pushed out air from her mouth. They continued to walk inside the building and stopped by the front desk. After receiving a pass, they were granted access.

Each step seemed to make Jersey anxious. She walked in the waiting room and noticed a few people inside. Quickly, her eyes searched around the room for Abshir. None of the men in the room didn't seem to stick out to her. There was a Hispanic man, one white man sitting down reading a magazine, and one black man. He didn't seem to match Abshir's persona. The guy appeared young—approximately in his twenties.

"Where the hell is he?" Malcolm whispered under his breath. He tugged Jersey's hand and directed her to a seat. She took it, and he wasted no time taking a seat beside her. Both Arthur and Jarod took seats across from them. 

Malcolm leaned over and said, "I thought he was supposed to be meeting you here."

"He's supposed to."

"I don't see him." Malcolm replied lowly as he continued to look around. He was well alert yet skeptical about the whole situation.

They sat there for a good three minutes until Jersey announced she wanted to leave.

"You sure?"

"Yeah, because he's not here."

"Excuse me?"

Jersey turned her attention to the soft voice. An older woman was leaning over, trying to speak to her.

"Are you Jersey?"

"Yes...yes ma'am."

"I'm Helen. I work here at the lab." She greeted Jersey warmly.

The smell of jasmine oil seemed to dance around Jersey's nostrils. She knew it had to come from the woman. Instantly, it made her feel nauseous. Jersey didn't care for the smell of jasmine. Quickly, she placed her pupils on her man, who just sat there eyeing the woman.

"We're waiting for someone," Malcolm spoke up.

"I am aware." She responded with a head nod. She looked over at Jersey and said, "Mr. Osmaan said you would be arriving around this time." Helen stood up straight and decided to fix her skirt. "But I had no idea you would have a guest."

"This is my boyfriend."

Malcolm shot the woman a glare, but he didn't speak. Suddenly, his personal cellphone started to ring. He pulled out the iPhone and realized it was his mom, Frida. Jersey looked at him with her eyebrows raised in realization.

"Let me take this. I'll be right back." He whispered to her.

Jersey tried to maintain her composure as she watched him closely. She didn't want Malcolm leaving her side at all. However, he had to answer his mom's call. He always did, no matter what. She pushed out a small puff of breath and nodded her head.

"Don't be long."

Malcolm excused himself and walked out the door with Arthur behind him. Jarod, Jersey's bodyguard, continued to watch her closely.