jaemin - coffee shop

word count : 583

-

you entered a coffee shop that you were supposed to meet one of your classmates at. you sat down at a table and took out your laptop from your bag.

you started doing some work while waiting and managed to finish up working on some homework.

"oh y/n. there you are," you looked up and saw your classmate, jaemin. "i thought you weren't here yet," he said and handed you a cup, "i got you coffee."

"oh, thank you," you took the cup of coffee. "i thought we were meeting at four?" you questioned.

"didn't i tell you that i had a club meeting?" he asked and you suddenly remembered.

"oh, right. you're right. sorry," you replied. jaemin sat down next to you and took out one of his notebooks. "so i was thinking we could mention this scandal. i read about it and i thought it would be good to have a slide to itself that way all of the slides aren't just the same," you pulled up a document that you had read earlier. "do you want to read it?" you asked.

"sure," jaemin nodded, "can i see your laptop?"

you nodded, "mhm."

jaemin took your laptop and started reading the document. you looked through some notes you had taken and wrote down some more things to mention for your project.

a few minutes later, you glanced over at jaemin and saw him sitting back in the chair with his arms crossed. every once in a awhile, he would move his hand so he could scroll down the page. you didn't realize that you had continued to stare at him.

he glanced over at you and noticed you looking at him, "do you need something?" jaemin asked.

"oh, no, sorry," you apologized and looked back at papers in front of you. you circled something that you wanted to add to your presentation.

"i think this article is good. should i go ahead and type on the powerpoint?" jaemin asked.

you nodded, "yea. oh, i have some other stuff that we should mention," you said and moved the piece of paper closer to him.

he switched tabs and started typing. you looked at the presentation and started reading everything he was typing.

hey y/n, do you want to go on a date?

"huh?" you blinked a few times.

"you gonna keep staring at the screen or are you gonna answer my question?" jaemin said to you. you looked at him and he laughed, "you're blushing like crazy. you're so cute."

you looked away from him while he leaned in towards you.

"i didn't know that you get this shy," he said. "wanna go on a date with me?" he asked again.

"i-i think you know the answer to that," you stuttered. jaemin put his arm over your shoulders. "can you at least take that off of the powerpoint?" you asked him, looking at your laptop screen.

he laughed, "sorry, had to ask one way or another," he said and held down the delete button for a few seconds. "after we finish the powerpoint, do you want to grab a bit to eat?" he asked.

you nodded, "yea, sure," you sheepishly replied.

"here, you can type whatever you wanted to add," he said and moved your laptop so it was in front of you again. with his arm still over your shoulders, you started typing new information on a previous slide. you two kept working until you finished the powerpoint.