CHAPTER 21: Flowery Path (Part One)

"Life is not about who you once were. It's about who you are right now, and the person you have the potential to be." —Anonymous

**

"DUDE you are seriously unhinged, ya know?" Mark made a face as he spun the basketball on his index finger. He was disappointed in his friend.

"Maybe you never really liked her then," Jackson added while shrugging, "If it was me, even if she doesn't like me back. I cannot stop liking the person. It's futile so..."

"I liked her. I just don't like that she's associated with Taehyung," Jinyoung answered.

They were at the benches by the field, passing their free time and somehow their conversation ended up about Jisoo and Jinyoung's feelings for her.

"Is that Taehyung her boyfriend? Been hearing the rumors around campus," Bambam said while chewing on his shawarma.

"No," Jinyoung's forehead creased and he paused, "But... I'm not sure, honestly, I don't want to think about it at this point. It pisses me off."

Mark scoffed and held the ball with both of his hands. He shot his friend a stare, "Sounds to me you're just convincing yourself not to like her because you hate the fact that she is close with your nemesis."

Jinyoung turned his head to glare at Mark but the latter was unfazed.

"Oof, hit a nerve," Bambam seconded and laughed as he hit Jinyoung jokingly on his shoulder.

"Honestly bro, I'd agree. You're pretty much the problem," Jackson leaned backwards and slurped on his smoothie dismissively, "We're friends so we are telling you that."

Jinyoung rolled his eyes and was not able to explain his side when his phone rang. The moment he saw the caller ID, his mood turned more sour than it already is.

"Hello?" he greeted in a low tone.

"Jinyoung," a voice of an old man spoke from the other line.

"Is he going here?" the man added.

He frowned, "No. You're aware he's stubborn, right?" he heaved a deep sigh, "I don't even know why you keep forcing him. He clearly hates it, just let him be?"

"Just look after him, Nyoung," the old man said with finality before the short call ended.

Jinyoung threw his phone into his opened bag on the grass. He combed his hair in frustration.

What am I, a babysitter?

"I'M NOT really good with socializing in the first place," Jungkook said with his head bowed down. He was playing the food with his fork, "Sorry, am I that weird?" he whispered.

"No," Jisoo smiled at him when he looked up, "It's cute," she commented, which reddened his face.

"You blush easily," she laughed as she inspected his reaction before taking a sip from her juice.

"It's hard talking to actual people," he admitted and unconsciously sighed heavily.

"Hm," Jisoo munched on a piece of the fried chicken, "Then what do you do most of the time? Besides photography," she asked while glancing at him.

"Ah, nothing much," Jungkook simply said but he noticed that she was eagerly listening and felt like he should be saying more in return.

So he added, "Just video games and internet."

"I suck at video games," she shared, "It's fun playing with someone though."

"Now that I think about it, you're not part of our block. I don't see you around our building, either. What are you taking?" Jisoo continued, her curiosity taking over.