CHAPTER 23: Her Worst Trait

"I know what I have given you... I do not know what you have received."—Antonio Porchia

**

THEY SAY, five billion years from now, the sun will die.

It was a time uncountable for humans, even unimaginable thinking right at this moment. However, someday, surely it will. Every day it was like a ticking bomb, a pouring pitcher, a withering plant... it will run out of what it usually gives as so much.

Generosity is praised, generosity is revered.

Yet we forget, to each and every who gives, there's a limit.

For so much will always be too much.

Sometimes it's worse to give.

"She had an accident," Rosé's voice echoed in his mind. Taehyung froze on his spot and felt his body running cold. His mind went blank and he could not utter anything. So, she took it as a sign and continued speaking.

"Jisoo fell from the stairs. She's currently at the infirmary near the gym but we might bring her to the hospital—"

However, he didn't hear the rest of what she was about to say as his feet started moving on its own. In a blink of an eye, he was running.

Taehyung didn't know how he managed to move despite feeling his legs wobble and his insides trembling. He couldn't care less about the students who eyed him weirdly as he rushed by the corridors.

He wants to see her. He needs to see her.

People on the sidelines started looking like the shadows who chased after him in his nightmares. He almost thought that maybe he is just sleeping but the emotions surging in him felt so real, he cannot even fool himself.

The path to the infirmary felt the longest, as if it was a tunnel he was escaping.

He wants to see the light. He needs to see the light.

This can't be happening, Taehyung chanted in his head.

Maybe it was a looming fear, or perhaps desperation, that allowed him to prevent from staggering and falling on his feet.

He is not scared.

And he is way past being frightened.

But he hasn't been this terrified for years.

"YOU REALLY have a talent for making us worry, huh?" Hoseok combed her hair with his fingers and shook his head. He stood straight and crossed his arms over his chest while looking at his friend in worry.

"Irene should be expelled," Bona commented. She was standing beside Hoseok while watching over her, "She has always been a bully, anyway."

"No..." Jisoo, who has a bandage around her head glanced at her, "This was an accident," she said as she played with her fingers.

"There you go again," Lisa, who was sitting beside her on the bed uttered, her tone somewhere in between concerned and a little annoyed.

"I bet even if she shoots you a bullet straight to your skull, you'll say... Oh, let's just understand her. Maybe she has a reason. But do you ever think of the damage you take?" she added.

"Lisa," Hoseok put his hand on her shoulder, "Save the lectures later. Jisoo just woke up."

"It's okay," Jisoo smiled at Hoseok and mumbled a sorry to Lisa.

"Jisoo," Lisa sighed in guilt and held her hand, "Look, I'm sorry, I know I always sound like I'm scolding you but... I'm just really worried because you seem so self-destructive most of the time and I don't want something like this happening to you."