CHAPTER 25: Harmony and Melody

"Just because you bury something doesn't mean that it stops existing." —Jenny Han

**

4:23PM.

Jisoo put back her phone inside her backpack after checking the time and pressed the doorbell of Taehyung's house.

She just got back from work since her boss forced her to stay only half days a week still because of the accident despite her insisting that she has already recovered. It was a long debate, he even told her to stop coming to work but she was so hard headed that they settled with half-day work hours.

Because Jisoo can't stay still doing nothing, she decided that she will surprise Taehyung in helping him with his special projects and review with him whenever she finishes her shift at the store.

Minutes later, Taehyung lazily opened the gate, "Who the fuck—?!" he blinked a couple of times and rubbed his eyes when he realized it was a grinning Jisoo in front of him.

"Ji— Stupidiot," he cleared his throat and stood up straight. It was obvious that he just got up from sleep because of his crumpled clothes, messy hair and puffy face.

"What are you doing here? Did something happen?" he pulled his phone from the pockets of his baggy pants to check it, "You didn't message me anything."

"Ah, I was trying to surprise you!" she showed him a bag containing two ice cream tubs, "Surprise!" she added.

Taehyung stared at her softly and shook his head while biting his lower lip, "Seriously. I can't really predict you," he opened the gate wider and step aside, "C'mere inside, stupid."

Jisoo clapped her hands and entered, "Yay! We'll also do assignments and review together!"

Taehyung, who was locking the gate, frowned from an almost smile on his face. He sighed audibly and scratched his head as he trailed behind her. Jisoo was skipping on her steps walking to his porch door.

"You're really serious about this whole 'saving grades' mission, huh?" he raised his eyebrow when she looked over her shoulder to him.

Jisoo beamed and stopped in front of the door while giggling, "Of course! We still need to graduate together, right?"

Taehyung stared at her smile for a second or two. He wanted to punch his chest and reprimand it of why the heck is it hammering inside.

He hid it from her, of course, and stepped forward to open the door, "Whatever. Just don't blame me if you end up being disappointed huh."

He closed his eyes and sighed inwardly. Up until now, her smile still has some effect on him and he is afraid to confront what exactly are these foreign emotions. Taehyung distracted himself and just opened the door.

"I know I won't get disappointed—" Jisoo didn't finish what she was saying when he suddenly closed the door he barely opened with a loud thud.

Jisoo held her chest because of shock, "Why? What happened? Is something wrong inside?" she worriedly asks him.

"Uh..." Taehyung faced her while still holding the door knob on his back, "Stay here for a minute. I'll just... fix something," he suspiciously told her.

She can't help but squint her eyes at him. She placed both hands on her waist, "Hm? What is it? Tell me first," she demanded.

"It's nothing, really," Taehyung nervously answered and looked away.

"Then let me in?" Jisoo said and tried to open the door herself but he quickly held her wrist and blocked her.

"Just wait for a second," he insisted to her.