13. confusing boggarts

(TW! MENTIONS OF AN ANXIETY ATTACK/POSSIBLE PTSD!)

CLAUDIA HAD ARRIVED back at her dorm the night of her prefect patrol with Nolan to find three girls groaning and complaining as they coughed and yelled for tissues

Betty, Inez and Pandora had gotten the flu.

Claudia had not.

The next morning she woke up to the three still complaining - mostly Betty and Inez as Pandora was dreamily gazing on the ceiling. She seemed a bit affected by her cough syrup, in all honesty.

"That's it, all of you are going to the Hospital Wing this morning and then you're all going back here to rest!" Claudia decided since their complaining was driving her mad as she brought them breakfast.

"Yes, mum" Betty and Inez chorused as Pandora gave a small thumbs-up.

"Good."

"How come you aren't sick?" Inez asked Claudia in a raspy voice as she fluffed up her pillow.

"Well, maybe it's my impeccable immune system that one can only get from consuming copious amounts of pancakes, syrup and chocolate!" She joked as her friends all stared at her like she was stupid. "It's probably on its way", she sighed.

"Ugh, then we'll be forced to take care of you!" Betty complained, which earned her a pillow on the head by Claudia. "Thanks, I really wanted another one", she said tiredly as she placed the pillow under her head. Claudia scoffed.

It wasn't complete an invalid complaint made by Betty. Claudia was rather terrible to be around when she was sick, in all honesty. Her frequent mood-swings in her normal state had nothing on how bad it was when she was ill.

"Well then, I'm off to DADA", she said as she left the girls, and then peaked her head back into the room through the door. "Remember, Hospital Wing and then rest!"

•••

"Today we will be starting our revision on Boggarts", their Professor announced. "And apparently you have yet to have learned how to fight them off", he continued in an annoyed tone. "Probably the work of that moron Tattlehorn! So, today you will be learning how to get the hell rid of them, two years later than when you're supposed to!"

"What is a Boggart?" He asked the class, and Claudia's hand flew into the air. If there was one thing she was, it was a motivated student. "Ms. Maple."

"A Boggart is an amortal shape-shifting non-being that takes the form of it's observer's worst fear."

"Well done Ms. Maple, ten points to Ravenclaw!" Claudia smiled in triumph.

"Now, the incantation to fight of a boggart is 'Ridikkulus'. Repeat after me!"

"Riddikulus!"