18. threats & discoveries

ONLY A DAY had gone by since Regulus Black had chosen not to reveal Remus and Claudia to Nolan, and Claudia was still thinking of each reason to why that could be

Claudia and Regulus had spoken a few times. He was a rather quiet boy and not very talkative, but since he was closely involved with her brothers and their fellow blood supremacists, Claudia wouldn't exactly say that she had a strong liking towards him.

Remus couldn't explain it either. Regulus was, after all, Sirius' brother, but their bond at home was pretty much nonexistent and Regulus would most certainly waste no time in getting Sirius' friends into trouble.

Sirius didn't know why he did what he did. When they returned to the party, and finished listening to the group's teasings over how long they had been gone, they explained it all - Remus and Claudia leaving out the parts about how close they were - and Sirius only frowned as he said something along the lines of "he probably wants to blackmail you two."

When Claudia woke up that Monday morning, which was also Sirius' birthday, she found her dorm empty with the exception of Inez.

"Where is everyone?" Claudia asked the girl who was getting ready.

"Betty's having breakfast with Sirius, and I don't know where Pandora is."

Probably with her boyfriend, Claudia thought in secret.

Claudia and Inez left their dorm and made their way to eat breakfast, dressed in their Ravenclaw robes. Claudia sat down with her pancakes and golden syrup, only to frown as she met eyes with Regulus.

Just the person she was thinking about.

Regulus didn't give her any expression as his cold eyes met hers, and then he moved his gaze to Nicolas who was talking to him.

"Hi, Claudia!" A cheery voice suddenly spoke as James sat down next to her, the rest of the Marauders and Betty also seating themselves around the table.

Claudia wouldn't deny that she was panicking a bit inside as she saw how dark Nolan's eyes were turning. Nicolas wasn't looking however, he was to busy conversing with Regulus.

She didn't know why she didn't walk away. She didn't know why she stayed, and she didn't know why she gave Nolan a bold look. Claudia knew she was going to regret it, but seeing the pleased look on Betty's face as Claudia greeted James and smiled towards the rest of the boys made her stick with her initial decision; she was going to stay.

And the Marauders and her friends were so pleased to see it. Betty had explained to the boys that Claudia's brothers didn't like them very much, which was why she avoided them as much as possible. They said that they could just beat their arses if they said something bad to Claudia, not understanding that words would be an incredibly mild punishment for the girl.

"Any updates on Reggie boy?" James asked with an interested smirk.

"Nope, just a look", Claudia said as she took another bite of her pancake.