21. see this as a warning

"I'M SO SORRY," Betty said for the millionth time as the three girls lay on Claudia's bed in their shared dorm, listening to "A Song For You" by Carpenters

"I know you are Betty, please stop apologising!" Claudia sighed as she poked her best friend on the cheek in an attempt to make her smile and drop her guilty face.

"But it was not okay of me to tell him!" She said, referring to her accidentally telling Sirius that Claudia "fancied" James.

Claudia had returned from the library where she met Remus, only for Betty to blurt out what she did in pure guilt, which caused Claudia to laugh since she was just about to tell her that she knew.

Claudia wasn't mad. He was her boyfriend after all, and he did seem to be pretty stubborn on making her tell him the "truth". She knew it was bound to happen, and it was Inez's fault in the first place - not that she blamed her either. She didn't even blame Sirius, it wasn't exactly unpredictable that the gossip made it to all the boys.

"He's your boyfriend! It's fine, please stop talking about it," Claudia said as she threw herself back onto a laying position on her bed, her head on Inez's stomach.

"Okay," Betty sighed. "But-"

"Stop!" Inez chuckled. "This is like the first mistake you've made in your entire life!"

"That's not true," Betty scoffed.

"It is," Claudia chimed in. "You're an angel compared to Inez and I."

"Not true! Claudia, you haven't even kissed a boy!"

"Ugh, don't remind me of that! And, it is true! You're an angel."

"No, tell me one mistake you've made!" Betty said as if she was trying to prove something.

"Well, I've done countless of pranks-"

"Years ago," Betty interrupted.

"I did one very recently on the Slytherins if you remember! I've also punched my brother, been drunk, threatened the Marauders... why is that name so ridiculous by the way?"

"Dunno, they're boys," Betty shrugged. "But, still, you're practically an angel, Claudia!"

"Yeah, yeah. You are too, doll," she said in an attempt at a Southern accent. A very successful attempt, surprisingly enough. "Inez is honestly an angel as well, we're all practically perfect!" She said dramatically.

"Don't forget what Inez did at that one Slytherin party..." Betty smirked.

"We don't talk about that!" Inez yelled. "Not now, not ever!"

Claudia and Betty bursted into giggles at Inez's already embarrassed face and the tone of her voice, as Claudia realised something.

"Patrols, again." She sighed as she stood up from the bed and began brushing her hair. "Why on earth did Dumbledore make me a prefect and not you, Betty? I'll never understand."