Chapter 11- Reunion

hello my lovelies,

I hope you had a great day today and if not, I promise you there will be better times.

Sorry for the long wait...

Have fun reading and always remember that you are amazing and enough.

I love you, bye.

Amara Thorne

The cold wind hits my face and every moment more rain drops flow down my arms and face. Water-based paints are forming on the floor of the narrow and humble street and my shoes are already ruined because of the mud that is splattered over my heels. My dress is nearly soaked, clinging to my skin, what causes my lace bra too be visible through the thin fabric.

I am slightly shivering because of the low temperature and goosebumps are all over my body. I am standing here with my back facing the car, my skin pressing against the side mirror of my Rolls-Royce, sending a pain, that I try to ignore through my spine.

Normally I would hate being here like this and freezing my ass off but right now I couldn't care less.

I cross my arms and put my gaze on the man who is leaning against the wall in front of me but I can barely see him through the shadow that is thrown over his tall frame, so I push myself away from the car and take a few steps forward, so I am close enough to take all of his masculine features in.

My eyes immediately travel to the man's dark curly hair that he has styled and his strong jaw and cheekbones. A grin spreads over the male's face as he lets his gaze wander over me. The assassin lifts the cigarette that he holds between his index and middle finger to his full lips and takes a drag, slowly inhaling the smoke.

He is completely dressed in black but instead of the outfit an assassin like him would normally wear for work, expensive slacks and a shirt cover his mascular body. The rolled up sleeves show off his tattoos that are on his fingers and arms. I cannot perceive the details because of the darkness but a street lamp gives us so much light that we can see good enough too look at each other closely.

His dark eyes are boring into mine as he blows the smoke out and runs his thumb over his lip before he puts one hand in his pocket to pull out a small silver box with his initials engraved.

He slowly takes a few controlled steps towards me, his huge frame now towering over me, still having a grin on his face. Only now I notice his little freckles on his nose that are barely visible because of his tanned skin.

He is so fucking hot.

I nearly haven't recognized him but his unforgettable dark brown eyes helped me acknowledging him.

"Happy to see me?", Darius Martinelli asks me sarcastically, ignoring the words I have said before, while he holds out his hand, signalizing me that I can take a cigarette.

I let out a chuckle and grab one putting it to my lips.

"I would be if you were not here because of Adriano.", I say, stepping closer, now looking up to him, the cigarette still between my lips.

"I wouldn't have to be here if you would not have run away.", he answers, his beautiful Italian accent sounding through every word.

Darius pulls now also a silver lighter out of his pocket and holds it to my mouth, lightning on my cigarette.

The smoke fills my lungs and I enjoy the initially uncomfortable feeling. I usually don't smoke, but the last days were so exhausting that I really needed this.

"Yes, but where's the fun if you stick to the rules?", I reply.

Darius let's out a deep chuckle and takes another puff.