XLIV

Tʜᴇ ᴅʀᴀɢᴏɴ ᴘɪᴄᴋs ᴀ ᴋɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ-

On the way back to the harbor, M/n was over the moon with the affection given to him Via the baby dragon

"I can't believe that you found them in our situation."

"Neither can I! I'm sure Zylith will love to have another friend! Oh, you're so cute and warm!!"

"Yep, they're definitely going to be spoiled before we even reach the inn."M/n chuckles at Scaramouche's comment and at the baby dragon swatting at the sheer marital of the hat the Fatui male wore.
"Ack! Hey cut it out, you'll tear it!"

"Yelling won't yield results, Scaramouche. They're just a baby, so all you'll do is scare them.
Little one, you can't play with this. I have just the thing you can play with back at the inn, how does that sound?"

"Kweh!"

"And that's how you do it!"Scaramouche cocks his eyebrow at the gentle scolding, well it didn't sound like scolding as he thought about it. For the rest of the walk, Scaramouche silently watched how M/n interacted with the dragon, how he held it close, and the gentle looks in his eyes while giving the dragon his undivided attention. It wasn't long until the three reached the Inn and walked into the room. Inside the other males were moving around in a sleepy haze as Zylith nods off on the couch next to the kitten and Paimon. The only person who seemed awake was Escal.
"Morning everyone!"

"Morn- is that a dragon?!"Aether's sudden outburst woke all the others; besides Escal and their attention was drawn to the small creature cradled in M/n's arms. Zhongli was shocked more than the rest.
"Where did you find her?"

"So you're a girl! Awe, she's such a cute little princess! We brought her with us from the field. This little one has been causing a bit of chaos due to the pitfalls near the pounds."As M/n coo's at the dragon, Zylith immediately flocks over to get a better look.
"Do you know how old she is?"

"Hmm, it seems she spent seven hundred years in the egg but she hatched underground, so given the time frame of when the pitfalls started, She's a year old."Zhongli concludes while reaching out to pat her but she dodges the hand and it seemed as if time froze for everyone.
"Pft!"

"Did she just..."

"She did."Xiao said cutting Aether off while trying not to chuckle with the others. Zhongli assumed it didn't mean anything, so he attempts to pet her again and so she repeats her past action.
Is she... Avoiding my hand?!
Zhongli thought as he tries to pet her once more but this time, she didn't move...She opened her mouth and bites Zhongli's hand!
"Ah?! Little one bitting isn't okay!"

"....Pft-Ahahahah!! Servers you right!"Escal was in full-blown tears as he laughed on the floor. Aether and Xiao couldn't hold back either, they too laughed till their sides hurt.
"I can't believe she just bit the Geo Archon..."

"Well believe it because it happened while you held her."Scaramouche chuckles lightly as both M/n and Zhongli stood in shock from what just happened. Though the little dragon didn't release Zhongli's hand, instead she clamps down even more.
"Little one, let go of his hand. I'll give you a treat if you do~" Her little ears twitch at the word and without a moment's notice, she lets go and turn her head up to look at M/n.
"She listens to you without a second thought. I see what's going on here. M/n, this baby dragon recognizes you as her parent, by doing so, she automatically wary of other dragons, hence why she dodges and ultimately bit Zhongli."Escal explains much to everyone's surprise if anything they were expecting Zhongli to have an explanation as to why she bit him but it was Escal
"Zhongli never experienced this because the only other dragons he's ever been around were past their child stage and well off into adulthood. Isn't that right?"

"...."

"I think she broke Zhongli...Oh, now that I think about it, she needs a name."

"Kweh!"The baby dragon agrees with a chirp and Zylith couldn't wait to hear what her name would be, the group finally moves over to the couch; most taking a seat anywhere they could, or standing.
"Hmm...What about Nuri? It means ❝My flame❞ and that what you are."The group waits for her to show that she liked the name but was shocked when huge tears rolled down her little face. Nuri chirps happily while nuzzling her face against M/n's cheek.
"She's happy. Nuri went a year without a name or a parent but now she has both."Zhongli coos while making the small mistake of trying to pet her and just like before, she bites his hand.
"Ack! Not again!"Zhongli exclaims while trying to get his hand out of Nuri's mouth. Zylith giggles gleefully as he pets Nuri and his first thought flew from his mouth without hesitation.
"I have a little sister now! Oh, oh when can I get a brother?!"

"WHAT?!"

"The others will have a heart attack when we get back..."