Chapter 96

Ke Mei took a stack of photos into the lounge of the "Midnight Flight" bar and placed it directly on the coffee table in front of Song Huaixin and said, "Song Yan has started to check on you." 

Song Huaixin looked at the photos and smiled slightly: "What did he find?"

"Nothing yet," Ke Mei said. "He hasn't seen you before. His search was not very effective with just a sketch and related information about the child. Fortunately, I made arrangements in advance. When they found the village head, the clue is already destroyed."

Ke Mei paused and said: "Why were you so careless in the first place that you were actually seen by him?" 

Song Huaixin disapproved and said: "I didn't intend to let them survive so it makes no difference if he saw me."

Ke Mei was a little speechless.

"This is no better than yours. If someone discovers your special ability, you will be in trouble."

Song Huaixin stared at those photos for a moment and said, "Or, I can go to him and have a chat."

"Who?" 

Ke Mei couldn't keep up with his thoughts for a while. 

"Song Yan."

Ke Mei raised his voice incredulously, "Did you ever have direct contact with them?" 

Song Huaixin raised his eyes and glanced at Ke Mei quietly: "Didn't you say before that they won't die in the catastrophe, that it's God's will?"

Ke Mei: "..." 

"Since you used God's will to suppress me then I should also obey God's will."

Ke Mei became interested and leaned forward: "So, what on earth did you plan?" 

"Start Plan B."

Ke Mei was startled at first and when he understood the other party's intentions, he gradually relaxed his eyebrows and smiled. 

He thought for a while then asked: "Would you like Xia Lin..."

"No. I will only contact Song Yan for the time being," Song Huaixing said, "Currently, only Song Yan has seen me and I happen to have my considerations." 

Two days later, Ke Mei went to City D and appeared in Song Yan's VP ward.

"Doctor Ke, you are here." 

Song Yan sat in the wheelchair, said hello to him with a smile, then waved his hand to let the caregiver who was following him back out. 

Ke Mei looked at Song Yan up and down for a moment and said with a smile: "It seems that you have recovered well recently."

"I recovered well," Song Yan smiled slightly, "except for this leg." 

Ke Mei changed the subject with a guilty conscience: "Then, I have a friend who wants to see you. I don't know if it is convenient for you..."

Before he finished speaking, Song Yan smiled again: "Is he the one I've been looking for recently?" 

Ke Mei showed a surprised expression: "How did you..."

"Actually, I asked my assistant to investigate before but I did not specifically ask him to do the investigation secretly so it would alarm your friend. I'm not surprised." Song Yan paused, "In other words, I know it is difficult to find him but it is very easy to let him come to me on his own initiative."

Ke Mei squinted his eyes slightly: "So you knew from the beginning that I was in the same group with him?"

"Not at first," Song Yan said. "At the beginning, I was just surprised. Why does the person in charge, which was at that time me, have to deliver the equipment personally? This is a bit beyond common sense but I still did it. I originally planned to see what your intentions are but then I saw that Xia Lin was there and forgot about it. Now that I think about it, you may have already inquired about the relationship between me and Xia Lin early in the morning.

Later, the mudslide broke out in advance. Xia Lin took me into the cave and your friend appeared outside the cave immediately, as if waiting there since early in the morning. The situation was too complicated at the time and I didn't have time to sort out so much information. 

But recently, I'm lying in the hospital bed every day with nothing to do. When I'm bored, it's easy to think about things. After thinking a lot, I tried to understand."

When Song Yan said this, he raised his head and looked at Ke Mei: "Do you think my analysis is correct, Dr. Ke?" 

Ke Mei raised his eyebrows, then said, "So, do you have any questions?"

"I have many questions. The biggest question is, who are you and your friend? In other words, your friend can make the mudslide follow his command with his hands. Is he human?"

"Well..." Ke Mei touched his chin, "You should come with me. You can ask him this question yourself."

"How are you going to take me away?" Song Yan said, "My family has invited someone to take care of me day and night. I have inconvenient legs. I can't just follow you and leave. Why do you want to take me away?"

"Your thinking is complicated," Ke Mei smiled. "My friend only needs to meet you for half an hour. You just need to give an order to make sure that no one comes in and disturbs you within half an hour."

"It's that simple?" Song Yan said, "Video chat?"

"That's not sincere. Of course, it's a face-to-face interview."

Song Yan raised his eyebrows. Although he still didn't quite understand how to do the half-hour interview, he still took out his cell phone and dialed his assistant: "I want to talk secretly about some work matters with the guest. Keep guard. Don't let anyone in and disturb me for half an hour."

After hanging up the phone, Song Yan looked at Ke Mei again: "I have done what you asked, what about you?" 

Ke Mei also made a phone call. The content was very brief: "OK."

The other party seemed to say something. Ke Mei took out a charm from his pocket, circled Song Yan, and then stood inside the circle.

Song Yan found that a circle was lit up around the two of them and then the things in front of him quickly disappeared until only a shadow was left.

When he looked intently again, he found that he was no longer in the ward but in an unfamiliar room with a coffee table and a sofa. The decoration was nice, but the light was a little dim.

There was a faint clamor of feasting and greenery outside, which looked like a room in a bar. 

A young man in a white shirt sat on the sofa and looked at him calmly: "We meet again, Mr. Song."