EIGHT ; RIVENDELL

Shout out to @MyCookieMonster95 and LeeSooRah for being the first people to vote on chapters for this story! I appreciate it!

LeeSooRah for being the first people to vote on chapters for this story! I appreciate it!

¤¤¤

Without having anywhere else to go, they all followed the tunnel that led farther inside the cave.

Upon emerging from the tunnel, they were met with a beautiful sight. They looked at the city in awe as Gandalf spoke.

"The Valley of Imladris." He said. "In the common tongue, it is known by another name."

"Rivendell." Bilbo said breathlessly. Magauna smiled and nodded, mostly to herself. If the City of Rivendell was this beautiful, she could only image what the Woodlands of Lothlórien looked like.

"Here lies the last homely house east of the sea." Gandalf told them all.

Thorin looked up at him angrily. "This was your plan all along, to seek refuge with the enemy."

Gandalf turned down to him. "You have no enemies here, Thorin Oakenshield. The only ill-will to be found in this forest is which you bring yourself."

"You think the Elves will give our quest their blessing? They will try to stop us."

"Of course they will. But we have questions that need to be answered. If we are to be successful this will need to be handled with tact, and respect, and no small degree of charm, which is why you will leave the talking to me."

The company started making their way to Rivendell, most of them, with the exception of Thorin and Gandalf, were looking around in awe.

"You've been here before?" Bilbo asked Magauna, as she seemed fond of their surroundings.

The Half-Elf glanced down at him. "Once. I was with Gandalf, after he found me, he took me here, and the Elves healed me."

As they all entered Rivendell, they were met with several Elves ahead, who were waiting for them.

One of them gave a soft smile as they approached. "Mithrandir," He greeted Gandalf, and then he nodded to Magauna. "It is good to see you again, Magauna Litercash."

Magauna nodded as well. "You as well, Lindir."

Thorin watched the three taller beings uneasily, and he whispered to Dawlin. "Stay sharp."

Lindir began to speak to Gandalf in Elvish. "Mín heard cin had crossed into i imlad." (We heard you had crossed into the valley.)

Gandalf spoke back. "I must speak with Lord Elrond."

"My Lord Elrond is not here." Lindir answered.

"Not here? Where is he?"