September 11 Brunch

It's a bit longer. Sorry!

In an attempt to clear his mind Chris decided to take Dodger for a walk after lifting weights. It was around 7:30 in the morning. Does he text her? Does he hold true to their date today? But, she's married. She doesn't come across as being in a relationship but what else could that thin gold band mean? Why wasn't her husband at the game with her instead of her brother? Could she be a widow? Does the band still link her to her love past his death? He exhales a cleansing breath as he takes out his phone. Already having programmed Daphne's number into it he looked up her contact information.

Walking through the front door of his apartment he decides to bite the bullet and give her the benefit of the doubt.

Chris- Good morning, Daphne. I hope you were able to get some relief last night. Are we still on for this morning?
While waiting for a response he fills the dog's water bowl and takes a seat at the kitchen table.
Daphne- Mornin to you! I'm feeling much better today so yes, I'd like to take you up on that brunch offer. My address is 236 Mulligan St
Chris- Seriously?! That's just around the corner from me.
Daphne- No way, lol. How have we not crossed paths?
Chris- Technically I guess we have and didn't know it. I'll see you at ten?
Daphne- Ten it is ☺️

~~

Setting her phone down on the bedside table Daphne suddenly felt the butterflies increase in number within her stomach. 'Multiplying like bunnies aren't you,' she thought. Having not heard from Chris last night she thought for sure he'd changed his mind. His slight change of demeanor in the parking lot hadn't gone unnoticed. Maybe he'd gotten a better look close up and decided she wasn't pretty enough to be seen around him. She couldn't blame him. Being near thirty years old but your face looking like you were in the throws of puberty was enough to turn anyone away. Even now she believes he's only being nice by going along with his initial invite.

Noticing the time on her clock she decides it's time to get up and start her day. She carefully bathes, still very aware of her leg brace, and washes her hair. She applies volumizing mousse along with a root booster to her wet, fine hair. Next she blows her hair dry with the hair dryer and then attempts soft waves with the straightener. Her facial routine is a bit more extensive with exfoliating, toner, moisturizer and sunscreen. Applying enough make up to cover the redness and blemishes without being thick and cakey. Happy with those results so far she heads into her closet. It's another warm day but she feels like shorts would be too casual. Looking through her dresses she comes across a soft chambray knee length dress with cute ties on the sleeves. 'I'll pair this with some open toe flats and it'll be perfect,' she tells herself.

    Once she's dressed Daphne looks back to the mirror fluffing her locks once more time and applies a nude lip

    Once she's dressed Daphne looks back to the mirror fluffing her locks once more time and applies a nude lip. She glances back at the clock just as she hears a double knock on her front door. "Just a minute," she calls out.  Taking a deep breath she walks down the hall and stops at the door. Carefully she opens it to see Chris on the other side with a small bouquet of yellow roses.