Chapter 29

"Just keep driving!" I shout out, before rolling down my window

"Just keep driving!" I shout out, before rolling down my window. Half my body was hanging out the window, as I take my aim and fire three shots, two of them successfully hitting the tires of the first car making it swerve out of the road, but right behind were three more and soon I caught sight of a man pulling himself up through the sunroof, and aiming his gun towards us, more specifically me.

I ducked inside just in time to miss the shots being fired at us. Quite few of them broke through our back window, shattering glass through our back seats. My heart was pounding against my rib cage and by the startled look on Luca's face so was his.

The car was moving at an alarmingly fast pace. We had passed the road and reached a bridge, ahead of us was what looked like a forest, as I took a look outside I realised how I didn't even faintly recognise where we were.

Luca had taken some random turns trying to loose the trailing cars but to no luck, and just when I had gotten hope that we would be able to hide out in the first in front of us. The absolute worst happened.

The sound of several gun shots rang across the area and before I knew it the car was spinning out of control both me and Luca screaming at the top of lungs, him trying to get the car back into place while I tried to prepare myself for the impact of a crash because I knew that there was no way I could get out in time.

It was as if it all was happening in slow motion, the car span until it came in contact with the low railing of the bridge, toppling over it and falling right into the river. The impact felt like I had just fallen on a ton of bricks, the seats preventing me from dying on impact but I was pretty sure I already had a couple of bruised bones if not broken.

I opened my eyes that were previously squeezed shut. Luca beside me was trying to take off his seatbelt, clicking it but that appeared to be stuck, giving up on that he started to roughly pull at it in hopes of tearing it off.

I quickly got to work, moving hands towards my boot, my hands were trembling from the shock, but I finally got the knife out of the side. Slicing the belt off of me I turn towards Luca who has now resorted to chewing off the belt.

Once he was finally free, we both turned to our doors, Luca's opened easily as he started to swim up towards the surface while I was still trying to open my door, I hit my whole body against the window. When the fuck did I even close it?!

I decided to swim across through the driver's seat, but stopped suddenly when excruciating pain shot through my left leg, looking back I saw how my ankle had gotten tangled up under the seat, I tried to pull it out but whimpered when pain again shot through my leg.

I couldn't even yell up to my stupid fucking brother, as he was almost to the surface. I tried desperately to move out, but my lungs were throbbing from the lack of oxygen, my body aching and slowly growing tired as I let go of my leg.