Part Nineteen | Victory or Defeat

This might get a little choppy if I skip certain fights but hope you enjoy!

_______

3rd Person POV

-"The rules are simple. Immobilize your opponent or force them outta the ring! You can also win by getting the other person to cry uncle! Bring on the injuries, cause we've got our very own Recovery Girl waiting on standby!"-

Midoriya tried to put on a brave face as he cracked his fingers in preparation while Hitoshi merely watched him in silence.

-"So put your morals aside and don't be afraid to play dirty! But of course nothing life threatening, folks. It's not allowed. Real heroes use their power to throw villains in jail, not kill them."-

"I'll stop anyone who tries to get too rough..." Cementos warned, making a seat out of concrete for himself as Midnight stepped forward.

"So, you can just give up, huh? In a way, this is a test of how strong your spirit is. If you know what you want your future to hold for you, you can't worry about what other people think." Shinso starts, quickly gaining Izuku's attention as Nemuri raises her whip.

-"Ready?"- Mic asks as the crowd cheerd in anticipation.

Ignoring them, Shinso continued. "That monkey was going on about his pride earlier..."

-"Begin!"-

"But I just think he's an idiot for throwing away his chance like that."

Izuku froze, surprise taking over his features before a rare snarled curled his lips. "Don't you talk about Ojiro that way, you hear me!?" Rushing forward, he channeled One for All in his fingers and...immediately came to a stop.

"That's it. I win." Shinso smirks and you swear under your breath, already knowing what had happened.

"Gah, no! I warned him not to say anything!" Ojiro yelled, standing up as he tightly gripped his hair.

Yagi, hiding at the tunnel entrance, stared in surprise as his protégé had gone stock still. "What? Why is he just..."

-"Huh?! Hey, hey, what's the dealio?"- Mic questions as the spectators begin to wonder what was happening.

Beside you, Iida and Uraraka stood from their seats in concern as Midoriya had yet to move from where he'd stopped moments ago.

"C'mon, Deku!" Uraraka frowns as she balls her hands into worried fists. Her frown matched your own as, unlike Iida and Uraraka, you remained seated.

"Why in the world isn't he moving?"

-"This is the first match! It should start out with a bang! The fight has just begun and Izuku Midoriya is...completely frozen!?"-

"Damn it. He got caught..." you scowl, your gaze, filled with disdain, zeroing in on Shinso as murmurs begin floating up from the spectators and other classes.

-"He's not moving a muscle! And what's with that look on his face?"- Yamada questions, his voice just shy of piercing and Aizawa winced beside him with a hidden scowl.