Chapter 30 • Feeling

It's been a few days after my birthday and everything's gone back to the way it was before, meaning everyone was always busy leaving me again to wonder what they actually did for they're jobs.

Lilli spent the whole weekend with me watching movies, I've definitely been getting more and more comfortable around her and it shows. I used to be very shy and reserved around her but the more we've hung out I've found myself opening up to her more and feeling like she won't judge me whenever I open my mouth.

She's been an amazing friend. Jace and Becca have been to however I haven't talked much with them outside of school besides the memes I've gotten from Jace at odd hours throughout the night, and Becca asking the group chat for answers on the homework.

Aaron's been a good friend to but I haven't talked to him much recently. I've never been a huge fan of texting, preferring speaking to people in person instead of over the phone.

Plus I've been to scared to ask Enzo if I could hang out with a boy since one of the rules was, no boys.

There's also how I'm not comfortable enough yet to spend time one on one with any boy.

It's now the middle of the week and school just ended resulting in me wandering the emptying halls to get to my locker. My last teacher held me back to talk about my test scores so by the time I was able to leave most people have already headed home.

I hurriedly grab my things and head out to the parking lot not wanting to make the twins wait long but they weren't there yet. This has been happening a lot, they're normally now always late and are very vague when I ask where they were.

The cars locked so I'm stuck in the almost deserted parking lot.

Closing my eyes I lean back against the car exhausted, my nightmares have gotten better so now I only have them once maybe twice a week but I still find myself afraid to fall asleep at night resulting in me only getting a few hours each night.

On the verge of sleep my eyes snap open when I hear footsteps approaching me. Only hearing one pair my body tenses as I know Antonio or Emilio without each other.

My arms cross over my body instinctively while watching a guy who looks to be in his thirty's at least stop a few feet in front of me.

My eyes quickly scan him to see if he's a threat and I take notice of how he looks like a teacher with a name card pinned to his tan pants.

His body is relaxed and he smiles nicely at me with his pearly white teeth. He looks friendly and yet my body doesn't relax. That's the first red flag.

I almost always trust my instincts and right now I'm not getting anything good from this guy.

"Hello miss I was just wondering if you were okay?" His face shows concern with his furrowed eyebrows.

"I'm fine." I mumble while taking a few side steps so my back isn't to the car.

"Ah well I just noticed how you were alone. Are you waiting on someone? I just want to make sure your safe." He smiles again and a shiver goes down my back.

"Yeah, I am." I purposely shiver and slip my hands in my jacket pocket to make it look like I'm cold but my hand tightens around my phone ready to call someone in case I need to.

"Your sure? Because as a teacher in this school I have to make sure my students are safe so if you need me to I can make a call for you if you want to wait in my office?" He takes a tiny step closer to me and I notice he tried to subtly eye the distance I put between us.

"That's okay my brothers will be her any second." My hand tightens around my phone.

Like I said I always trust my instincts and right now they're telling me to get away from this guy fast.