Wattpad Original
There are 47 more free parts

rain

noun ~ the condensed moisture of the atmosphere falling visibly in small individual droplets

NOVA

The next day came by quickly and I slept rather peacefully on the hardened floor. When I woke, I could feel slight strength, like Cel was making a comeback. It was just a feeling though; no heightened senses had come into play.

I was so thirsty. I had discovered after being nosey day and night that the guards sat around a fire and drank beer and rum until the moon was highest. I heard a lot of their plans since the more they drank, the louder they got.

It sounded like they wanted to somehow overthrow the pack hierarchy. I have no idea how they would do that, but they seem to think capturing women would work. They boasted about the women they have 'destroyed' and bedded, about how they had at least thirty percent of female wolves in captivity or deceased. Like we are a lesser species. They planned to threaten packs by taking away a man's weakness, their mate.

They had planned on hitting a pack south of here in the morning, although I didn't catch the full name. They had slurred their words too much and I had to keep my heart and breathing steady, or I would've been caught out.

They had been observing the borders of packs for a while and, just like they did with Blood Moon, planned the baby wolf attack. I put two and two together and realised the only reason we were captured is we took the same route every day for our run, and they had caught onto it. Clever really.

Speaking of the baby wolf, they kept him in a cage behind one of the cabins. He was let out more often than us, his animal instincts leading him to want to hunt. He would go back into his cage as he pleased, and it would open shut behind him without being touched.

I could only assume it was enchanted somehow. I had heard of other species in whispers through thin walls but never looked into it myself. Were vampires and witches real? I mean, I turn into a wolf, so anything's possible.

This morning when the men were awake and ready, I watched as they clothed themselves in camouflage and masks. Six of them headed out into the forest at sunrise; two armed with bags that I could only guess were the drugs they administered. Six of them came back at lunch, five unconscious women in their grasp.

Another thing I caught last night, was about the wolfsbane and deadly nightshade concoction they gave us. They complained about someone named Raven who would not let it be used any other way than drink and needles. I wasn't sure who she was, but she seemed to have control of the magic side of it. Were witches real?

I knew tomorrow I would have to somehow make it out of here. I had to get help from others but without Cel, I wouldn't be able to make my way through the trees. I wasn't a tracker; my watch was missing, and I wasn't the best with hunting. Without my wolf, I knew none of this, but I hoped tomorrow I would be better. Stronger.

"Are you okay?" Rose suddenly questioned.

We were sitting playing a game of cards and I had completely zoned out. I was surprised when they allowed us downtime after the last meal of the day and that it involved a game set. I put it down to the fact they were about to get drunk as the sun went down.

"Me? Y-yeah, sorry. I was j-just thinking." I shook my head.

"About how to escape again?" She mused.

I sighed. "I'm determined. I haven't had any of the Wolfsbane since they drugged me."

She frowned at my whisper, glancing around us paranoid. "Not too loud... but if you're not drinking, you're not going to survive the trek. We're in the mountains somewhere, the air is lighter, and dehydration isn't gonna help."