Chapter 13

As the nurse's assistant helps me shower, I look to him and ask "I was out for three days?"

He nods, softly, before telling me "Yes, sir. Your family never left your side." I give a short nod as he washes my hair "Your sister told me you're in uni."

I give a weak smile "She's not my sister. She's my boyfriend's sister." He nods, before rinsing out my hair "With everything, I don't know what to expect for us."

He gives a weak smile, before telling me "My boyfriend was gay bashed last year. He's paralyzed from the waist down."

I look up to him and he shakes his head "The fact that he's in a wheelchair, doesn't change the way I love him."

I furrow my brow and ask "Personal question?" He hums and I ask "Can he still...?"

He takes in a deep breath, before stating "He has no issue in that department. He has all feeling and sensation."

I nod, before declaring "I don't know if I could ever be able to bottom with Thor, again. I don't know if I'll always be in pain."

He gives a concerned look "Are you in pain now?"

I give a short nod and explain "I don't need pain medication. It's just throbing. At most a Tylenol. Or ibuprofen."

He nods, before telling me "I'll tell my nurse about that." I hum and he states "As far as the intimacy anxiety, the worst thing you can do is not try. Just wait until you get the medical all clear."

I give a weak smile, before asking "What's your work schedule?"

"I'm off tomorrow and Sunday." He states, before explaining "I work four days and then I'm off two days."

I furrow my brow and ask "When do you think I'll be discharged?"

He shrugs, before telling me "I couldn't say." I hum and he smiles "Hopefully, next week. Get you back to your classes."

I furrow my brow and tell him "My professors actually are emailing me my assignments. I just wish I could go for a swim. I was on the swim team. And one of the instructors in a women's defense class."

He shakes his head "That will have to wait until you're better, boss. Maybe a couple of months." I nod and he asks "When was your first swim meet?"

I take in a deep breath "Last Friday." I tell him, before explaining "Next one is next Friday. I guess I'll be in the bleachers."

He smiles at me, before declaring "We'll start physical therapy on your shoulder next week. Maybe you'll be back in the pool in time for finals?"

I smile "Hopefully."

~

As I work on my schoolwork, Thor furrows his brow and asks "How much work until you're caught up? You've been typing for an hour."

I look over to him and state "I just finished." He sighs and I ask "How's your French paper going? Did you finish it?"

He sighs, before declaring "I just have to run it through Google translate."

I give an annoyed look, before declaring "That's such a cop out."

He shrugs, before asking "How are you feeling?"

I scoff, before continuing to type on my computer. After a long moment, Frigga walks in and asks "How are you feeling, dear?"

I look up to her with a warm smile "I'm fine. Still a little sore, but fine. The rectal catheter isn't too comfortable."

She furrows her brow and asks "How long will you have to have that?"

I sigh, before telling her "Until I can push without popping my stitches. If I'm even continent, anymore."

She gives a short nod and Thor takes in a deep breath, before pulling out his mobile and telling me "Banner is calling. I'm going to step outside."

As he steps out and shuts the door, and I close my computer and lay my head back. As I take in a deep breath, I ask her "He's never going to look at me the same, again, is he?"

She sits in the chair and states "He just needs time, is all." She stretches her hand out and tells me "You will always be the man of his dreams, regardless of what happens. You two will always be in each other's lives."

I sigh, before asking "If this leaves me incontinent, how bug of a burden is this for him? What if he gets in the mood and I just shit my pants? Do you really think he'll find that attractive?"

I shake my head as she explains "It will not bother him as much as you think."

I give a doubtful look and she tells me "When you were in surgery, we were told there was a very likely chance that you would be paralyzed. Or maybe you'd need a stoma. Thor didn't bat an eye. He didn't even think about leaving you then. He only said that you would be heartbroken if you could never swim, again."

I hum and remark "And that's why he's been looking at me like I'm an injured dog."

She brushes he hair out of my face and asks "Are you not?"

I sigh in annoyance, before declaring "I don't feel any different. I'm far too used to this, Frigga."

She shrugs, before stating "You must feel something."

I lay my head back and admit "I feel disgusting in my own body. I don't like the way I always feel like this." I play with a thread on the blanket as I tell her "Now, it's just so overwhelming."

She takes my hand in her's and tells me "When I was twelve, I was happy and healthy in my own body. My best friend, Freya, was raped during her childhood years."

"Back then, it was all about free love, even if the other person was far too young to consent, in my community." She tells me, before declaring "She told me, just before she killed herself, that she would always fun a guest in her own body."

She rubs my cheek with her fingertips "We all love you too much for you to feel like a guest. Ever." She places her hand on my cheek and smiles "You're our family, now, Loki. We don't turn our backs on family."