20; sailor day

Sailor

I wake up to soft knocking on my room door "Come in" I yawn out.

The door opens to Mia handing me a tray of food.

My heart swells "Good morning mom" she says handing me my food.

"Good morning Mia" I look down at the tray of french toast, beef bacon, eggs, home fries, and grits.

"Would you like orange or apple juice?" she asks "Orange juice" she nods leaving out.

Damn this is a lot of food.

A few seconds later Brayden comes in with a tall glass of orange juice.

"Good morning mommy" I smile at her "Good morning Brayden" she hands me the orange juice.

"Thank you" she says 'you're welcome' then skips out the room.

• • •

About 30 minutes later there's another knock on the door and of course, I let them in.

"Are you done?" Cole peeks his head in and I nod.

He comes in smiling grabbing my plate and cup leaving back out.

As he was leaving Clare came in.

"Follow me Ms. Green" I smile getting out the bed following her.

I get to the living room and seeing it decorated with balloons and roses.

"For you" Clare does a ta-da pose.

"When did y'all have time to do this?" I ask honestly confused. "We had alarms set for like 2 in the morning then we decorated."

"Aw, you guys" I put my hand over my heart. The best kids in the world award goes to me.

"Now lay on the couch ima give you a facial" Clare said, she's been really into skincare lately and now that I'm looking at her, her skin is flawless.

I lay down closing my eyes.

• • •

"Okay, Ms. Green now you have a dance class with Kaelyn and Brayden" I look at her with wide eyes.

How I go from a facial to a dance class.

"Please make your way to the playroom" I make my way downstairs to the playroom.

Y'all this ain't no dance class, they got the Michael Jackson game on the Wii.

"Hello welcome to Kaelyn and Brayden's dance class. Here's your remote" I hope they not I am not doing it full out.

• • •

"Lunch is ready" Cole comes down and says.

I've been waiting for someone to save me. I dropped that remote so fast and ran up those steps.

The table we eat at is decorated with Dora decorations.

"Um" I scratch my head "Fancy, eh?" Mia smooths out the table cloth smirking at me "Ah yes so fancy" I give her a thumbs up.

I sit down and Cole brings me a ceaser salad with salmon on the side.

"Something" he says then walks back to the kitchen.

• • •

Now it's Mia and me time.

"So we're gonna paint. It doesn't have to be something specific." I nod sitting outside with her.