[Volume 2] Chapter 1

( S0 the start of volume 2.....)

A ship flies through the skies over Vale, down in the city streets the owner of the Dust shop "From Dust Till Dawn" is hanging a sign declaring its re-opening. As he climbs down from his ladder, he stumbles and falls. A girl with mint green hair appears next to him.

Emerald: Scuse me, sorry. I'm not really from around here. Would you mind pointing me in the direction of this shop?

Emerald produces a piece of paper with writing on it and the shopkeep looks it over.

Shopkeep: Hmm? Mm-hmm.

Emerald walks away from the shop owner as both wave goodbye and passes Mercury Black at a corner.

Mercury: I knew you were lost.

Emerald: Mercury, I will seriously pay you to shut up.

She says as she shoves a wallet in his face.

Mercury: That's not your money.

Emerald: But it can be yours for 5 minutes of silence.

Mercury: Mmmm... no deal.

Emerald: Fine. 

Mercury: Whatever. You want me.

Emerald gags and speeds up her walking. Mercury and Emerald are walking through the city.

Mercury: So, how much farther?

Emerald: A few blocks.

Mercury: Ugh... this place is so dull.

Emerald: Eh, I kinda like it. Tall buildings, diverse culture...

Mercury: And nice dopey people who are easy to pickpocket.

Emerald stops.

Emerald: That's every city.

Mercury: Ooh, Emerald! Master thief! Please don't take my money! I barely have enough to get by!

he acts out, Playing the victim.

Emerald glares at him, groaning angrily. She then walks away from him.

Mercury: Ugh... you're no fun today.

Mercury follows behind Emerald. The scene shifts to Emerald and Mercury entering a shop full of books. The shop owner can be heard humming a tune. Mercury stops near the door to look at books while Emerald approaches the counter and rings a service bell.

Tukson: Be right there! Welcome to "Tukson's Book Trade", home to every book under the sun! ) How may I...How may I help you?

Mercury: Just browsing. 

Emerald: Actually, I was wondering, do you have any copies of "The Thief and The Butcher"?

Tukson: Yes we do.

Emerald: That's great.

Tukson: Would you... like a copy?

Emerald: No, just wondering. Oh, oh! What about "Violet's Garden"? In paperback?

Mercury: He's got it. Hardback too. 

Emerald: Ooh, options are nice.

Mercury: Eh, no pictures. Hey! Do you have any comics?

Tukson: Near the front.

Emerald: Oh, no, wait!  What... about... "Third Crusade"?

Tukson: Um... I......don't believe we carry that one.