Chapter 6 : Control

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

The Graeae, were known as the Stygian Witches,

They were three hag-like sisters.

And they were given jurisdiction over a swamp.

They were also given an eye to share among themselves.

This eye gave them great knowledge and wisdom.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Pretend to be his? Not happening

I mean sure, this wasn't the only offer Henry mentioned, but hearing those words made me sick to my stomach. I shot him a cold glare. "You're crazy."

Henry only smirked. "Maybe. Besides...I bet you could turn a blind eye if I mimic him."

I stiffened the instant he altered his voice to match Liam's. And I hated it. I hated being reminded of the sin. Henry knew and reveled in that knowledge.

Just then, another figure walked out of the trees and into the clearing. It was another partially transformed manticore. She had a pixie haircut along with a faint scar running across her face. I knew who she was in an instant.

Patricia.

Wyatt's second in command who -- and I don't mean to say it bluntly -- is twice as smart as him. Apparently, I had used my dagger to cut a diagonal wound from her right forehead to her left cheek. She might probably hate me for that. The manticore growled the moment she noticed me. Her tail swung with determined aggression.

Yup. She's still mad.

In a split second, she lunged but was instantly cut short when Wyatt grabbed her collar and pulled her back. Even with that split second of commotion, I didn't miss Henry's arm tighten around my waist like some sort of shield.

Wyatt sighed in boredom. "We can't kill her...not yet anyway. In fact, she's a part of Henry's pack. And it's all because of his 'love bite.'"