|06|

Pacing around my room, I attempt to ignore the knocks on my door.

"Go away!" I shout, failing. My heart thumps in my ears, getting louder by the second. The feeling of being suffocated becomes too much, so I open the window. Who would have thought getting the crappiest room on the first floor would come in handy? I climb out of the window and don't stop running until I reach my safe haven.

I close my eyes and take a deep breath of the familiar woodsy fragrance. The sound of cicadas fills my ears. The crickets play me a song. Once I am calm, I open my eyes.

I hear the tapping of footsteps and quickly turn to see who it is.

"It's just me, Freya," Talia mumbles.

"I kinda wanted to be left alone!"

"I'm sorry!" she begs.

"You know this is a lot to take in?"

"I know and I would've told you if I could!" she says, looking at me, hoping I'll see the truth in her eyes.

It's hard staying mad at her cause I know she's being honest. She would never keep something from me purposefully. "I believe you," I mutter.

"So, what are you thinking?" Talia asks me, "I understand if you don't want to come. But if you do decide you want to give the school a chance, just know you'll have me by your side."

I think about her question. Should I go? What's the alternative? Staying home? Lately, I've been feeling like I'm not in control of my life. I just do what people tell me to do. Well, it's time to take my life into my own hands.

"I'm coming!" I declare.

"That's great!' Talia shouts.

"I mean I have a million questions, but I'm not going home! I refuse."

"It sucks that you feel that can't go home, but like I've said before some time away will be good for you," she says, and I just nod my head not having the right words to say.

"So you're a hybrid! That's something that you only see on the tv!" I say, changing the subject.

"Yea, it's more common nowadays."

"I have so much to learn!"

"You do but we should go back now, Kassi is probably freaking out." she smiles.

The walk back is quiet, but not the awkward kind of quiet.

"There you are!" Kassi shouts as we approach my house. I swear only she can manage to make shouting sound classy.

"So we have to drive there because I'm not leaving my baby here," Talia says pointing to her yellow Volkswagon.

"Isn't that the only option?" I question.

"You really do have so much to learn!" Talia smirks.

"I guess we can take the long way there," Kassi shakes her head.

We gather our belongings and head to her car. Kassi slowly lifts her hand and our stuff flies out of our hands. My hand covers my mouth, in shock, as I stare at a bunch of bags and suitcases floating into the trunk. This girl is unreal. Not only is she so put together, has a cute outfit on, can do magic, but she also has a cute British accent.

"You can drive since you are more familiar with the directions," Talia says, pointing to the driver's seat.

Kassi gets in and Talia gets in the passenger seat. I gladly sit in the back, leaving the door open for Ghost to jump in.

And I thought life couldn't get any crazier. Supernaturals are real, and I might be one of them. This was not part of any plans I had in mind.

I look out of the car window, as I twirl the black stoned necklace I always wear. There are barely any houses in view. I see many beautiful trees as we drive.