Chapter 51

Lilith turned around and gallantly walked away as I watch her back. “What a seemingly frightening lady, isn’t she?” A voice said and I turned to find the incubus walking towards my slumped figure on the floor.

He crouched down with his hand extended to my face, his hair of burnt orange almost touching the floor. I drifted my gaze from his hand to his inviting eyes and back to his hand which I surprisingly willingly took.

He warmly smiled at me and pulled me up easily. “Shall I have the honor to take you to the rooms?” He asked with a gentle soothing voice, his hand still holding mine as he led me towards the room. I instantly found myself charmed with his chivalry.

I shook my head regaining my sense of reality. I reminded myself that he is still an incubus and that, it is their ability to allure women. I couldn’t let myself be swayed by this being.

He escorted me with such courtesy into the rooms that made it gravely hard for me not to be allured. As we reached the end of the hall, lines of rooms greeted us. Lilith’s henchmen stand guarded in front of the rooms and began guiding us into an empty room.

“You’ll be given fifteen minutes, sir.” The henchman said before closing the door and we were both left in silence inside a square room with claret wallpapers and a bed.

“Quite a small space, huh.” The incubus muttered as his eyes wandered around the room. “Though it’s good enough since I’m left alone with you.” He said, turning to look at me with an enticing smile.

I quickly looked away, softly pulling my hand from his.

“My apologies for not introducing myself.” He said, gaining my attention as he shockingly bowed his head for a human.

“My name is Elil Thorne, and yours must be?” He said, looking up to my eyes.

“C-chevel Strange.. great sir” I muttered, flustered at his sudden gesture.

“Ah. What a suiting name for a very peculiar lady.” Elil said drifting his gaze towards my tresses and back to my eyes.

“As soon as I saw a pearl in the crowd, I couldn’t take my eyes off it.” He said making me feel a tad uncomfortable.

“I seem to make you uncomfortable with my choice of words. Come take a sit.” He suggested, elegantly sitting on the bed as if he read my mind.

The bed is the least I wanted to share with him but I found my feet willingly taking his suggestion as I sat at the other end of the bed.

“Are you always this silent?” He asked as I discreetly looked around the walls of the room, hoping to find a clock.

“Yes, great sir.” I answered nonetheless. I wondered how much more time we have left.

“You can drop the sir.” He replied. I’m quite surprised that he hadn’t made a hostile move yet despite their reputation.

I continually searched the room and found another door instead. My breath hitched when I found Elil staring at my eyes and turned to look at where they’re glued.

“Are you in need of the water closet?” He asked and I instantly sprung up from the bed. “Yes.” I responded hastily.

“Go on.” He said and I hesitantly walked in front of him and into the door.

I let out a long sigh and locked the door as soon as I stepped in. My hand immediately searched for the small container Gyth gave me previously. I pulled it out of my pocket and held it in front of my face.

I held the transparent bottle in between my fingers and squinted into its content. Inside the small bottle is a piece of paper. I tweaked the cork and pulled the paper out of the bottle when a small bead-like object painted in red fell back into the bottle.

I unrolled the piece of paper and the writings on it read, “Swallow me.”

“Are you alright?” Elil suddenly asked from outside the door, making me drop the bottle and it instantly shattered upon impact. “Y-yes!” I responded in panic as I stared at the mess before me.

“What was that?” He asked and the clicking of his shoes made me pant anxiously.

“N-nothing sir!” I answered as I hastily searched for the contents of the bottle on the floor.

My eyes snapped below the commode and there it lies. I felt my own breath suffocating me as I heard the twisting sound of the knob. I stretched my hand and reached for it and without a second thought, I swallowed the thing into my mouth.

“I heard a loud noise and I couldn’t help myself but worry.” Elil said upon opening the door.

“Goodness! What happened?” He said rushing over me and looking over the scattered glasses on the floor.

I fiddled with my fingers restlessly trying to come up with a reason when he suddenly seized my hands.

“This needs to be tended promptly.” He said and my eyes drifted towards my hands that I unknowingly found to be scarred.

“It is nothing to be concerned about great sir. They’re just small cuts.” I said, sliding my hands off his grasp. I must’ve been in such hurry that I didn’t take notice of the glass scraps.

“I do not know what you mean. I wouldn’t simply overlook this, you’re clearly bleeding.” He said seating me on the bed and dashing back towards the door.

Why would an incubus be concerned of my wellbeing?

I let out a sigh with the unexpected turn of events. I should just be thankful rather than doubtful.

He returned with quite handful of things as he sat next to me. “You’re in luck there were bandages in the cabinets.” He said as he gently wrapped them in my hand, my eyes observing his every move.

“I see you’re still skeptical about my motives.” He suddenly said making me flinch, his auburn eyes meeting mine.

“I already have my eyes set on someone.” He said and my mouth parted in surprise upon hearing his earnest words.

Right then, I realized that like humans, there are demons that aren’t completely evil.

“And I wouldn’t dare to challenge the favored reaper.” He said, his hand sliding across the ring on my finger.

My gaze darted back to his eyes and his face formed a smile.

“Your master will be here any second now.” He said and not another second, the door blast opened revealing an enraged Gyth.